PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Senior Production Supervisor is responsible for supervising all areas and facets of plant production during shift operations. Position applies safety programs/policy, quality assurance/food safety, maintenance, and all manufacturing activities; is accountable for maintaining a safe and cost effective work environment while developing a team-oriented work force; complying with the Collective Bargaining Agreement (if applicable) and company policies and standards; and uses a preventative maintenance approach to identify and solve operational issues while meeting customer expectations and building plant and shift communications.
This position reports to the Manufacturing Manager or Fresh Facility Manager and may supervise Production Supervisors and/or hourly plant employees. The position may work closely with all plant staff, planning, NW Naturals, human resources, engineering, sales, union representatives, equipment/supply vendors, contractors, auditors, trucking/hauling, and customers.
(The essential functions listed below are not intended to reflect all duties that may be assigned to this position. The company may augment duties, including essential functions, at its discretion.)
- Manage the daily operations to meet production and customers’ needs, including scheduling, materials, and staging of fruit. Analyze production results and implement actions to achieve cost, quality, and efficiency standards. Prepare weekly production plans and timelines. Supervise hourly employees’ performance related to hourly throughputs and quality and process checks, and manages their schedules, time approval, and vacation planning.
- Measure plant production efficiencies and provide communication to supervisors and employees regarding plant performance. Input data and review daily, weekly and monthly production and financial reports that focus on customer complaints, yield, labor, and throughputs.
Provide leadership and supervision of Production Supervisors and/or plant employees. Manage goals and objectives for staff. Provide formal and informal feedback through coaching, monitoring and evaluating job results
- Participate in daily operations review meetings, weekly and monthly operations, maintenance, and financial meetings. Direct efforts of support departments to maximize efficiency of production lines.
- Organize and implement capital, continuous improvement, and cost containment projects. Discuss strategies in improving safety, quality, yield, throughputs and cost savings.
- Develop and implement SOPs and SSOPs for the plant, as well as procedures relating to regulatory and quality program (HACCP, SQF, etc.) compliance. Implement, deliver and train plant employees on plant policies, operating procedures, and job duties.
- Have regular attendance and work appropriate number of hours to get the essential functions completed.
- Perform under the Working Conditions described below.
(Incumbents may not perform all the following functions listed below):
- Supervise the daily maintenance activities.
- Oversee and document training and understanding of current and new employees on assigned positions to include machine operations, product flow, operational parameters, etc. Provide training and documentation on plant policies and procedures related to personnel and food safety.
- Develop and administrate the plant’s safety program.
- Coordinate the Computerized Preventative Maintenance Work Order system.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR ENTRY:
- Principles and practices of food manufacturing, including: food safety, quality, manufacturing concepts
- Working knowledge of FDA and OSHA regulations, GMPs, Sanitation, and HACCP.
- Understanding of associated processing and maintenance equipment and engineering.
- Principles and practices of financial and manufacturing accounting.
- Principles and practices of financial forecasting and budgeting.
- Principles and practices of inventory planning, production scheduling, production metrics, and production system variables, balancing, and optimizing.
- Principles and practices of continuous improvement concepts and related application technique.
- Pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, codes, and regulations.
- Effectively manage and lead multiple projects with multidisciplinary teams toward a shared goal.
- Gain cooperation through discussion and persuasion.
- Identify, research, and analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, and project consequences of proposed actions.
- Effectively organize, plan, and execute.
- Use computers and computer software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Meet behaviors established in the company’s performance management and development process.
EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATION/LICENSES, AND TRAINING:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Operations, Engineering, Manufacturing, or related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of food processing experience.
- Significant supervisory experience in a food manufacturing facility is preferred.
- First Aid/CPR and Forklift trainings are preferred.
- SQF, Ammonia Fit, Food Safety, Sensory Evaluation, and/or HACCP training and certification are preferred. Some plants require HACCP certification.
- Knowledge of collective bargaining agreements and union are preferred for some plants.
- Constantly works in a manufacturing/plant or office environment, may frequently have exposures to a lab environment, and occasionally has exposures to an outdoors environment
- May frequently deal with highly confidential information
- Constantly works under tight time constraints or with business activities of a seasonal/cyclical nature
- Occasionally travels, including overnight stays, to other worksites, for off-site meetings, and for training purposes
- May frequently work with dissatisfied or angry customers and/or employees
- Occasionally works from home
- Physical requirements of the job:
- Constantly lifts up to 10 pounds, frequently lifts up to 20 pounds, and occasionally lifts up to 50 pounds
- Vision requirements: Constantly uses far vision, near vision, color vision, and/or depth perception
- May constantly talks, stands, walks, and/or listens/uses hearing
- May frequently climbs, lifts, crouches, kneels, and/or types
- May occasionally pulls, reaches, uses repetitive hand motions, pushes, stoops, grasps, crawls, sits, and/or drives
- Types of exposures encountered on the job: Constantly has exposures to odors or fumes, loud machine/equipment noise, and/or electrical current, frequently has exposures to extreme heat/cold temperatures or toxic or caustic chemicals, and occasionally has exposures to human blood and pathogens
Persons with disabilities may be able to perform the essential duties of this job with reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation will be evaluated on an individual basis and depends, in part, on the specific requirements for the job, the limitations related to disability and the ability of the department/division to accommodate the limitation.
Please contact Mark Teague, Mark@producecareers.com
712 total views, 2 today