An established food manufacturing organization is seeking an experienced Production Supervisor to join their operation located in WA. The Production Supervisor will be responsible for supervising the plant production and maintenance on a production shift. The Production Supervisor will be accountable for implementing the plant production plan, maintaining a safe work environment, developing a team oriented work force, meeting customer quality/service expectations, developing and implementing process improvements, accomplishing plant productivity goals, building plant/shift communications, identifying and solving operational issues and delivering training programs.
- Supervise and monitor the daily operations to meet production and customers’ needs, including scheduling, materials, and staging of fruit. Approve and ensure adherence to production schedules. Supervise hourly employees’ performance related to hourly throughputs and quality and process checks, and coordinates their schedules, time approval, and vacation planning to ensure proper coverage.
- Measure plant production efficiencies and provide communication to supervisors and employees regarding plant performance. Prepare paperwork and review daily, weekly and monthly production and financial reports that focus on customer complaints, yield, labor, and throughputs.
- Provide leadership and supervision of plant employees. Manage goals and objectives for staff. Provide formal and informal feedback through coaching, monitoring and evaluating job results.
- Maintain (GMP, SQF, SOP, SSOP, OSHA, State Department of Agriculture, USDA, and state/federal regulations) compliance in auditable areas including, but not limited to: food safety audits, GMP audits, plant inspections, LOTO audits, and sanitation audits.
- Participate in routine meetings, which may include production meetings, safety, training and development, etc.
Experience and Skill Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Operations, Engineering, Manufacturing, or related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of food processing experience.
- Supervisory experience in a food manufacturing facility is preferred.
- First Aid/CPR and Forklift trainings are preferred.
- SQF, Ammonia Fit, Food Safety, Sensory Evaluation, and/or HACCP training and certification are preferred.
Salary: DOE, Relocation Assistance, Medical Benefits
Please contact Jennifer Mazza, Jennifer@producecareers.com
1257 total views, 11 today