A well-established food manufacturer is searching for a 2nd shift Operations Manager to join their team. This position oversees 2nd shift processing, packaging, warehousing, quality, maintenance and sanitation operations. This position ensure that all work activities of direct and indirect reports are performed with attention to highest standard of food quality, safe processes and compliance with all company, customer and legal requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Train, directs and supports the Production Supervisors to achieve company goals
- Ensures all resources are available to produce quality products in a timely, safe and efficient manner with a high expectation in quality.
- Directs daily production processes to ensure that orders are completed according to instructions provided by demand scheduling.
- Communicates and implements policies and procedures to ensure compliance
- Handle safety, personnel and plant operational issues per company protocol.
- Responsible for OSHA compliance and for safety and welfare of all employees on shift
- Responsible for compliance to FSMA standards on shift
- Review all aspects of operation before making correction or process changes that affect other departments.
- Instill an environment of mutual respect and professionalism
- Key decision maker for issues that arise during shift; involve other departments to investigate and collect information for making decisions.
- Coordinate among departments leaving first shift prepared for efficient start-up
- Coordinate with Human Resources regarding critical personnel issues.
- Lead the team on continuous improvement initiatives
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree required in related field; or 5 -10 years related experience
- 3-5 years of experience in a leadership role or high level management role in a production / manufacturing environment is required.
- Knowledge of applicable government regulations including but not limited to GMP’s, HACCP, and FDA regulations and FSMA standards
- Excellent Computer skills using Microsoft Office Applications
- Experience using ERP systems
- Must demonstrate excellent judgement and decision-making abilities
- Must be able to work independently and with ambiguity
- Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing principles
- Experience implementing 5 S methodology is a plus
- Working knowledge of employment law and California wage & hour regulations
- Knowledge of OSHA Regulations
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask and set priorities.
Salary: DOE, Medical Benefits, relocation assistance.
Please contact Jennifer Mazza, email@example.com
234 total views, 2 today