An expanding vegetable farming organization seeks a Business Development Account Executive to grow their retail business nationally. They have strong farming expertise and solid customer partnerships with retail, wholesale, and food processor clientele.
The position will maintain current accounts and expand their business with grocery and mass market chains in the West, Midwest, and Central regions. Position ideally located in the California region, but would be open to home based sales experts in other areas.
This important role will sell top-quality commodities on program, contract, F.O.B., and delivered basis. Account management and business development expertise with retail chain store and mass market accounts is strongly desired. Commodity expertise with mixed / iced veg strongly desired.
Position Responsibilities Include
- Account management with retail grocery chain store customers, such as national chains, regional chains, independents, and wholesalers who service retail accounts. An understanding of retail contracts, planning retail ads, seasonal contracts, and / or promotions is desired.
- Business development for new accounts, including prospecting and sourcing new customer leads and keeping current with changes in the Produce Industry in order to best capitalize on new opportunities.
- Negotiating and writing programs, contracts, F.O.B. orders, and delivered sales.
- Maintaining consistent communication with all customers to manage market conditions, pricing, and quality components.
- Working with management on pricing and inventory to meet daily and seasonal sales expectations.
- Travel to visit customers, trade shows, and possibly to production areas to promote the company.
- Multi-task and conduct business in a fast-paced environment where teamwork is emphasized.
Additional Desired Experience Includes
- 5+ years fresh produce sales experience to retail chains with vegetable commodity expertise.
- Strong retail customer knowledge and relationships.
- Experience presenting to buyers and corporate buying decision makers.
- Solid produce background and knowledge of mixed vegetable growing regions, quality characteristics and issues, shelf life, shipping & handling characteristics, pack styles.
- Working within various market conditions, supply availability, quality levels.
- Working closely with Inspection / QA / QC personnel, cold storage & facilities personnel, logistics and shipping.
- Making sound shipping and sales decisions with management under various volume and quality variables.
Additional Requirements Include
- Strong abilities to use internet-based sales and purchasing programs, database programs, and shipping/inventory systems among others. For Example: EDI, iTrade, Foodlink, Retail Link.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- College degree (B.A., B.S.) in related fields of study or equivalent preferred.
- Bilingual (English-Spanish) is helpful.
- Commodity / Category Management experience can also be helpful.
Please contact Melody Dante, firstname.lastname@example.org
1148 total views, 1 today