Job # 34978
Outstanding, quality-focused grower/shipper/packer seeks a strong sales pro who handles berry sales to retail grocery and mass market customers. Position located in Florida, and can be from home office. Potentially consider remote option from other Southeast states, but Florida preferred.
The Account Manager position manages accounts, prospects new business, provides exceptional service to fulfill customer needs, and works with a great team to continue business growth.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Establishes and maintains professional sales relationships with accounts, and grows these accounts in tandem with management and strategic plan.
- Develops and establishes new customer base in the Mid-West Region.
- Performs monthly market updates to entire business on the competitive conditions, retail displays, pricing and anything new in the market place in the region they service.
- Conducts sales calls, schedules promotional volumes and prices, monitors sales to identify opportunities.
- Proposes customer visit schedule with meeting purpose and agendas to advance relationships.
- Accountable to annual sales plan/budget by account, by product for review and agreement with management. Includes quantity by product, fob price objectives, ad or promotional target periods with volume and price objectives, budget customer visits, special programs or marketing tactics planned to earn loyalty and achieve goals.
- Coordinates promotional plans by accounts to ensure volumes are aligned with the sales plan and weekly promotional planner.
- Presents and effectively executes company’s marketing initiatives to retail trade.
- Provides no less than quarterly evaluations of customer to management with recommendations for actions to improve business.
- Submits promotional pricing and volume requests to management for approval prior to offering customer. Submits both offers and acceptances to the coordinators to assure smooth and effective product flow.
- Needs to be the content expert in his/her market and identify opportunities for growth. Recommend tactics to achieve goals and/or prospective new accounts to management.
- Responsible to record price and volume quotations and to make offers only within department established guidelines.
- Accountable for accurate order entry (including quantity, price, product, customer, ship to, delivery instructions and any special instructions) into company system and, if needed, the customer system, and to monitor status of orders up until confirmed received and/or cancelled.
- Must promptly (within company SOP) handle rejections by assigned accounts issuing proper notification, department required documentation, and provide customer support to sustain relationship.
- Expected to be aware of the competitive environment and report to manager and team on a real time basis to achieve market leadership.
- Responsible to respond to unexpected supply changes, both long and short, as a team player and to still provide best in class customer service and optimal grower returns.
- Expected to participate in department meetings and conference calls.
- Responsible to cooperate with accounting department to assure prompt collection of assigned account receivables, and ultimately responsible for the collection of all funds.
- Actions and activity fosters exceptional service in customer relationships and market leadership. Strive to become the “go to berry guru” for designated accounts
- Provides backup as needed to other team members during their absence.
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience with minimum of 3 years in produce industry preferred.
- Responsible for $50m to $75m in yearly sales with existing and new accounts.
- Ability to act independently and make competent decisions without supervision.
- Must have excellent computer skills with knowledge of MS Office, Outlook and SAP helpful
- Individual must be detail oriented and an effective communicator to others
- Team player striving for the benefit of the team
- Available after hours and weekends as needed
- Travel 50-75 days per year
Please contact D.J. Stornetta, email@example.com
1216 total views, 1 today