A leading brand in fresh produce has a terrific opportunity to be a part of an exciting new division in their portfolio. This important sales role will focus on a single commodity that has had terrific growth and continues to be embraced by new consumers.
Position based in either Philadelphia or McAllen, TX.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who has strong business development skills and can reach out to mass market and grocery chains; has solid sales and communication skills; well organized and interfaces well with departments and team members; and enjoys building something new.
The Account Manager handles an assigned customer base and prospects accounts to provide Exceptional Service, fulfilling customer specific goals and company strategic goals and objectives.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Develops and establishes new customer base in North America in accordance with Strategic Sales Plan.
- Performs Monthly Market updates to entire business on the competitive conditions, retail displays, pricing and anything new in the market place in the region they service.
- Conducts sales calls, schedules promotional volumes and prices, monitors sales to identify opportunities in accordance with Strategic Sales Plan.
- Proposes customer visit schedule with meeting purpose and agendas to advance relationship.
- Prepares and proposes annual sales plan/budget by account by product for review and agreement with management. Includes quantity by product, FOB price objectives, ad or promotional target periods with volume and price objectives, budget customer visits, special programs or marketing tactics planned to earn loyalty and achieve goals.
- Executes against the Sales Plan and weekly Promotional Planner.
- Presents and effectively executes company’s marketing initiatives to retail trade.
- Provides no less than quarterly evaluations of customer to management with recommendations for actions to improve business.
- Needs to be the content expert in his/her market and identify opportunities for growth and recommend tactics to achieve goals and/or prospective new accounts.
- Responsible to record price and volume quotations and to make offers only within department established guidelines.
- Accountable for accurate order entry (including quantity, price, product, customer, ship to, delivery instructions and any special instructions) into company system and, if needed, the customer system, and to monitor status of orders up until confirmed received and/or cancelled.
- Must promptly (within six hours) handle rejections by assigned accounts issuing proper notification, department required documentation, and provide customer support to sustain relationship.
- Expected to be aware of the competitive environment and report to manager and team on a real time basis to achieve market leadership.
- Responsible to respond to unexpected supply changes, both long and short, as a team player and to still provide Best-In-Class customer service and optimal grower returns.
- Expected to participate in department meetings and conference calls.
- Responsible to cooperate with accounting department to assure prompt collection of assigned account receivables, and ultimately responsible for the collection of all funds.
- Actions and activity fosters Exceptional Service in customer relationships and market leadership. Strive to become the “go-to person” for designated accounts
- Provides backup as needed to other Account Managers during their absence.
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience with minimum of 3 years in produce industry preferred.
- Ability to act independently and make competent decisions without supervision.
- Must have excellent computer skills with knowledge of MS Office, Outlook, and SAP helpful
- Individual must be detail oriented and an effective communicator to others
- Team player striving for the benefit of the team
- Expected travel up to 20%
- Available after hours and weekends as needed
Please contact DJ Stornetta, firstname.lastname@example.org
1097 total views, 7 today