PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Accountant is responsible for ensuring the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions; serves as a business partner for the sales and marketing departments by providing guidance on financial management, reporting, inventory control, and variance explanations; and improves business processes and tools in order to enhance productivity and customer service by gathering business requirements, identifying possibilities for improvements within the business structure, and implementing systematic improvements. In addition, position assists in the preparation of the budget and forecast for the contribution margin components as well as pulling together the Consolidated Income Statement by business segments.
This position reports to the Financial Accounting Manager and does not supervise staff. The position works closely with Information Services, accounting, sales and marketing, customer service, operations, and various state departments for sales related items.
(The essential functions listed below are not intended to reflect all duties that may be assigned to this position. The company may augment duties, including essential functions, at its discretion.)
- Maintains and balances contribution margin subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions, and resolving discrepancies. Review and compare the Contribution Margin reports with the monthly financial statements for accuracy. Work closely with sales and marketing to address any variances and ensure accurate, timely reporting.
- Analyze and reconcile various general ledger accounts on a monthly basis and prepare journal entries. Additionally, analyze and reconcile various bank accounts on a monthly basis and prepare journal entries. Understand what is coming in and out of assigned accounts and prepare a monthly spreadsheet highlighting changes. Address any oddities with managers. Ensure numbers are accurate and balanced. Use various software applications, such as Microsoft Office, Crystal Reports, and “business intelligence” tools to analyze data.
- Serve as a technical resource for other departments at budget and forecast time. Update the segment detail for various accounts for both business units; address any oddities with managers; and ensure numbers are accurate and balanced. Work with sales and marketing in preparing detailed budgets and forecasts; collect budget and forecast worksheets from other finance team members and consolidate. Analyze and identify causes of major changes from prior forecasts.
- Develop process and procedures for multi-department teams to follow for proper financial reporting.
- Prepare necessary reports and complete projects by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends by sales channel and customer. Gather and analyze assumptions to prepare simulated costs for new and current products.
- Complete external audit information by analyzing and scheduling general ledger accounts; providing information for the auditors.
- Serve as the liaison between internal and external customers, multi-department teams, and Information Services.
- Have regular attendance and work appropriate number of hours to get the essential functions completed.
- Perform under the Working Conditions described below.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR ENTRY:
- Principles and practices of financial and manufacturing accounting.
- Principles and practices of financial forecasting and budgeting.
- Pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, codes, and regulations.
- Analyze profit and loss variances.
- Maintain confidential and sensitive information.
- Identify, research, and analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, and project consequences of proposed actions.
- Gather, evaluate, and interpret information.
- Effectively organize, plan, and execute.
- Use computers and computer software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Meet behaviors established in the company’s performance management and development process.
EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATION/LICENSES, AND TRAINING:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in financial accounting.
- Experience working with data analysis software and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Constantly works in an office environment
- Occasionally deals with highly confidential information
- Constantly works under tight time constraints or with business activities of a seasonal/cyclical nature
- Occasionally works with dissatisfied or angry customers
- Occasionally works from home
- Physical requirements of the job:
- Occasionally lifts up to 10 pounds
- Vision requirements: Constantly uses near vision and color vision
- Constantly talks, types, uses repetitive hand motions, and/or sits
- Frequently reaches
Persons with disabilities may be able to perform the essential duties of this job with reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation will be evaluated on an individual basis and depends, in part, on the specific requirements for the job, the limitations related to disability and the ability of the department/division to accommodate the limitation.
Please contact Mark Teague, Mark@producecareers.com
204 total views, 2 today