The Agricultural Field Operations Manager is responsible for the direction of our state-wide agriculture production activities with our grower-partners. These include, but are not limited to, grower relations, grower contracting, seed program, varietal development, field equipment and harvester service and maintenance, raw material establishment, crop monitoring and harvest operations. Working closely and collaboratively with our processing facility team to coordinate the logistics, timing and delivered quality of the product is essential. Leadership of field operations staff, driving a culture of daily improvement and delivering results through strategy deployment and effective performance management, are also critical aspects of this position.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Develop & maintain crop/field plans to support the business requirements by making strategic decisions on growers, regions, varieties, and grower payments to ensure the most overall cost-effective and highest quality raw material is produced and delivered.
- Execute annual crop plan with accurate, timely crop quality and volume forecasts, and harvesting plans that support production scheduling requirements in a 24/7 processing environment during a 8-9 month growing season.
- Develop and maintain effective grower relations and raw material contracting program.
- Ensure a robust safety culture, including awareness and adherence to programs.
- Manage farm equipment fleet, farm shop, trucking and logistics activities.
- Develop annual budgets with responsible fiscal management.
- Through supervisory leadership, manage all Field Operations team members including training, mentoring, development, and performance management.
- Ability to travel 60% of the time.
- BS Degree in agriculture related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- Have a comprehensive agricultural background, with an understanding of conventional plant breeding and modern farming technologies along with a robust understanding of the various inputs and processes necessary to grow and harvest a commercial crop.
- Working knowledge of Global GAAP, HACCP, Food Safety, and Organic programs
- Ability to develop key performance indicators & metrics, and promote & communicate to management all critical production data
- Strong process improvement background and change management skills.
- Direct experience with production and supply chain enterprise software solutions.
- Proven collaboration, communication and interpersonal skills with internal customers and cross-functional teams.
- Spanish proficiency preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Please contact Tara Schwartz, email@example.com
261 total views, 18 today