Top Companies Are Seeking Top Talent.
Scroll down to see our active searches. Or refine the list using the keyword search bar. If you’d like to speak with our Executive Recruiters, contact us directly at 805-481-3200 x10.
Job #31312 – California
Established and growing produce company is seeking an Agriculture and Sourcing Manager.
- Sourcing new growers, procuring raw product, crop budgeting and planning.
- Detailed computerized field reports and permanent record keeping.
- Recommends measures to improve raw material cost/performance, production methods and quality of product.
- Crop rotation planning and hybrid/variety selection recommendations.
- Experiment and plan studies to improve factory yields and efficiencies.
- Good working knowledge of production Ag, including growing regions and seasonality.
- Study a farm’s crop production in order to discern the best ways to plant, harvest, and cultivate the plants, regardless of the climate.
- Advise Growers on methods to control weeds and pests to keep crops disease-free.
- Use mathematical and analytical skills in conducting their work and experimentation.
- Relay information in written form, making presentations and speeches as well as responding diplomatically to sensitive issues regarding their findings.
- Work scientifically with the Grower to produce the finest crops, on the most consistent basis, in any situation.
- Regular field checks.
- Ag chemical, fertilizer and seed recommendations.
- Solicit growers and increase acres and/or opportunities and ability to negotiate with Suppliers for favorable prices, terms, quality and delivery.
- Precision Ag services (including GIS/GPS information).
- Provide personal consultation with growers as needed.
- Educational / promotional presentations as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture with emphasis on agronomy, crop, soil, weed management, Ag business, or other Ag science course work.
- Applicants with backgrounds in agriculture or interns in crop consulting will have advantages
- 3-5 years of experience in vegetable commodities is preferred .
- Ability to travel 50%+
- Fluent in Spanish is preferred
- Valid Driver’s License
Competitive base salary, bonus and benefits based on experience
Please contact Katie Settle, email@example.com
515 total views, 5 today