Job #30027 – Florida
Industry leading seed company with a great product line, highly respected industry brand, and terrific company culture seeks a salesperson in Florida.
This key position will handle sales, marketing, and product development for Florida; may also include nearby territories.
Home based position. Desired location would be East Coast of Florida, or in a tomato growing area. Seek candidates who can travel extensively.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Promotes sales of company products to achieve maximum market penetration and to attain both short and long-range objectives for sales growth.
- Establishes and attains sales goals. Wins new-business programs. Secures sales orders from customers by means of:
- Visiting customer facilities.
- Calling by telephone.
- Follow-up (by phone or visit).
- Establishing professional customer/vendor relationships.
- Product development of experimental varieties with dealers, growers and shippers.
- Assists in developing and recommending marketing and advertising strategies.
- Analyzes and defines the market for company product growth.
- Maintains effective budgetary controls of sales expenses.
- Provides the data to prepare, update, and control forecasts covering projected new-business sales, proposal activity/costs, and investment requirements.
- Plans and executes experimental field trials to develop new and improved varieties with desired characteristics. Evaluates experimental field trials and communicates results to various departments and personnel.
- Performs all assigned duties in the assigned sales territory.
- Performs any directly related or other appropriate duties as assigned.
- Performs assigned duties with minimum personal supervision.
- Maintains appropriate sales and marketing reports and files.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge / Skills / Abilities Include:
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills including excellent working knowledge of the vegetable industry.
- Must have demonstrated ability to coordinate a high level of activity under a variety of conditions and constraints.
- Must have excellent knowledge of selling, advertising, inventory and turnover.
- Must have the overall ability to use tact and discretion to achieve goals through others.
- Must be knowledgeable of the fast moving developments in the sales field and seed industry.
- Basic computer knowledge, including but not limited to Microsoft Office.
- Minimum three years sales and marketing experience in the seed industry and minimum one years management experience required.
- An undergraduate college degree in marketing, business administration, crop science or agriculture or its equivalent in training and experience required.
- Must have valid driver’s license and excellent driving record.
Please contact DJ Stornetta, firstname.lastname@example.org
1533 total views, 3 today