A well-established food manufacturer is searching for an Assistant Corporate Controller to join their team in CA. The Assistant Controller applies principles of finance and accounting to analyze financial information, prepares financial reports, and provides key business partners with relevant financial information, analysis, and technical expertise. The position works under the direction of the Controller and plays a key role in overseeing the Consolidation of the Financial Statements and proper monitoring and application of internal controls.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees all monthly, quarterly, and year-end close activities of General Accounting
- Assist developing and driving compliance to financial policies, procedures, and internal controls
- Responsible for ensuring all Balance Sheet accounts are reconciled monthly
- Prepares Balance Sheet trend reports
- Establishes strong business partner relationship with the functional team and be the business’ technical expert in accounting matters
- Responsible for timely and accurate filing of government/regulatory filings: CRV, Property Taxes, Canadian GST/HST
- Oversees and provide direction for Fixed Assets Accounting
- Works closely with Tax functions to ensure Tax depreciation rules for all legal entity are properly applied.
- Ensure Intercompany reconciliations within subsidiaries are properly reconciled
- Directly supervise the General Accounting Department.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration. Advanced degree preferred.
- 5 or more years of accounting experience.
- Previous experience in the food manufacturing industry is a plus.
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex accounting literature and apply to the business/specific transactions.
- Strong understanding of the consolidation process, currency translation, interaction between financial statements, and sales & use tax accounting.
- Demonstrated ability to perform with a high level of accuracy under tight time constraints
- Strong understanding of the preparation of financial statements
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and influence others, including direct reports, peers and senior leadership of the company
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and other software programs, and the ability to quickly learn other business-related systems/programs
Salary: DOE, Medical Benefits, 401K, relocation assistance.
Please contact Jennifer Mazza, Jennifer@producecareers.com
517 total views, 11 today