A well-established food manufacturer is searching for a Bakery Technology Manager to join their team. This position is responsible for leading the development of new/optimized bakery items, quality improvements, and cost savings. Leads the core development of tortillas, batters, breadings, and a variety of other bakery items. Provides support to manufacturing facilities to improve bakery line efficiencies, reduce yield loss, reduce ingredient cost, enhance product quality, and lead new crop flour transition. The Bakery Technology Manager works closely with Marketing and Operations to define product requirements and manufacturing feasibility.
- Partner with multiple departments to develop and launch new and improved products.
- Partner with manufacturing, purchasing, quality assurance and marketing to improve existing products
- Develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with bakery ingredient and manufacturing equipment suppliers.
- Evaluate and employ emerging bakery technologies to achieve business goals; evaluate alternate ingredient suppliers
- Act as the R&D subject matter expert on bakery science and technology, providing guidance, coaching and training to other team members and direct reports; evaluate alternate processing methodologies
- Lead/execute cost savings initiatives related to dough recipes and bakery operations
- Act as key project manager for bakery items; support regulatory needs by reformulating bakery items when required
- Keep accurate records of lab work, documentation of ingredients used, formulation modifications
- Maintain knowledge, understanding and adhere to safety policies, USDA, GMP’s, QA, HACCP, Sanitation rules and regulations, and company policies
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Position may require up to 35-45% travel
Skills and Qualifications:
- BS degree in Food/Baking Science. Additionally, AIB residence course, Master Baking certification, or other relevant bakery training and 10+ years of experience in the R&D of bakery products. Large scale bakery manufacturing experience is a requirement. A proven track record of major accomplishments within the field of industrial bakery in retail or food service. Manager for at least 3 years.
- Strong bakery formulation skills and understanding of dough science, grain nutrition, and health benefits
- Strong bench top and technical problem-solving skills
- Ability to design and execute experiments, analyze and interpret data, and use seasoned judgment to make decisions when data is not available; hands-on approach and a “can do’ attitude with fast turn-around of deliverables
- Highly motivated, independent, and goal oriented with the ability to adapt quickly to change
- Excellent project management skills; highly organized with a strong focus on detail and accuracy
- Team player with strong collaboration skills, must mentor and coach R&D as well as develop direct report
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence and translate technical information to non-technical colleagues at all levels in the organization
- Knowledge of Standard of Identity and regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of sensory testing and interpretation of results
Salary: DOE, Medical Benefits, relocation assistance.
Please contact Jennifer Mazza, Jennifer@producecareers.com
960 total views, 3 today