Our client, a longstanding and reputable winery located in northern CA, is in succession planning and seeks an accomplished HR Director (bilingual) to join their executive team. This position is responsible for all aspects of human resources, including employee relations, employment law, staffing, driving full life-cycle recruitment process, compliance, benefits administration, performance management, safety, classification and compensation, workers’ compensation, processes, policies and procedures; and performs a variety of tasks requiring specialized knowledge related to area of assignment.
Job Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Identifies legal requirements (labor law) and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Coordinates new hire process with recruiting manager. When necessary, recruit, interview, background screen and select employee to fill open position.
- Responsible for On-boarding. Succession planning Inform and advise management of appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Assist with OSHA log compliance.
- Training and development of all employees, by conducting needs analysis, develop, implement, and monitor training programs and materials
- Review/Update company handbook Maintain updated job descriptions
- Conduct wage and salary surveys
- Ensure necessary documentation regarding employee issues and complaints.
- Approve termination documentation and assist with terminations. I-9 compliance.
- Overall responsibility for Benefits and Payroll.
- Provide support and guidance to HR Representative and Payroll Administrator.
- Manage staffing strategies, support change initiatives and implement best practices
- Driving initiatives that focus on increasing employee engagement.
- Ability to travel within the Bay area.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field plus demonstrated track record (7+ years) of progressive experience of human resource due diligence, preferably in a winery or agricultural company.
- Must be fluent in both English and Spanish – written and spoken.
- Operate with the highest standards of integrity, credibility, and trustworthiness; maintain confidentiality of sensitive information and data.
- Hands-on position; you will roll up your sleeves every day in this position.
- A high energy, thoughtful human resources partner who can work at a detailed tactical level and also see the big picture.
- Strong communications and relationship building skills to effectively support and connect with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Up-to-date knowledge of Federal and State (CA) labor laws.
- Travel required (Bay Area) to build and maintain relationships with management and employees at multiple locations.
Compensation: Attractive Base Salary (DOE), Excellent Benefits: Medical (Employee and Dependents covered), Dental, Vision, 401(k), PTO
Please contact Jennifer Mazza, Jennifer@producecareers.com
483 total views, 5 today