Seeking a strong leader to manage a California branch efficiently and effectively while executing the ability to champion, implement, and utilize change. This role will include, but is not limited to selecting, retaining, managing and developing staff, while ensuring compliance of HR, Credit and EH&S processes and procedures. The successful candidate will warrant compliance with company policies and procedures as well as other designated compliance areas/initiatives. Additionally, the Branch Manager will develop and implement operational efficiencies and offer effective time management strategies, including delegation, to achieve branch goals.
This Company invests heavily in it’s employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.
- Manage branch operations to achieve Company goals in regards to safety, human resource, credit and financial results
- Provide strong leadership in recruiting, mentoring and retaining key employees
- Partner with Area Manager to drive corporate strategies, initiatives, objectives, and action plans
- Develop, build, and maintain relationships with support resources to ensure compliance with safety, regulatory, credit, Human Resources and other policies and procedures
- Champion, implement, use, and manage programs to establish the Company as a leading provider of agronomic products within the Branch sales area, including using the most advanced crop production technology with the goal of maximizing our customers’ return on investment
- Utilize operations support resources including Fertilizer, Value Added Nutrition, branded products, Seed and PPP purchasing to maximize sales opportunities with grower customers
- Responsibility for the budgeting, forecasting, analysis and communication of the financial performance objectives for the branch.
- Responsibility for implementing and following credit policies and managing credit risk for the Company in partnership with Credit staff
- Develop annual business plans that optimize growth and profitability for the branch
- Implement marketing and sales plans, establish and meet sales and gross margin goals, and network with suppliers and industry representatives to expand market opportunities.
- Through the sales staff identify key grower customers, understand their business, determine their needs and develop plans and actions to meet needs with appropriate sales solutions executable through the sales staff and the branch manager where appropriate
- An estimated 20-30% of time will be spent performing sales duties with Key Account Customers
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Agriculture or Business related field is preferred
- Minimum five years experience in the agriculture business with a demonstrated track record in retail management and financial goal achievement
- Minimum three years experience selling and managing high performing sales teams
- Requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) for interaction with peers, subordinates, management and functional support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service
- Proven ability to effect change and to lead and influence for attainment of branch and Company goals
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to effectively delegate and prioritize for goal achievement of multiple projects, initiatives and directives.
- Ability to work autonomously
- Professionalism and accountability are essential to success in this role
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary (to be commensurate based on experience and other factors)
- Opportunity to earn a performance-based bonus
- Comprehensive company benefits including a company vehicle
Please contact Mark Teague, Mark@producecareers.com
240 total views, 6 today