ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direction of the EVP, Sales & Marketing, the Senior Brand Manager plays a key role in developing and implementing the customer, consumer, and grower marketing strategies for all company-managed brands. This role works also proactively with Sales and Marketing teams and agencies on strategy and execution of customer marketing and trade programs. The Senior Brand Manager will develop and maintain in-depth understanding and analysis of category landscapes and customer focus, while staying abreast of competitive and consumer trends, and identifying new opportunities and developing new products.
The primary responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Lead annual brand planning process. Set planning calendar, coordinate cross-functional activities and planning processes, manage timelines, and ensure timely completion of all deliverables. Manage effective execution of marketing plans and campaigns.
- Partner with other inter-company functions and agencies to understand industry activity, trends, and maintain superb knowledge of our category landscapes. Monitor state of business, including distribution, brand share, promotional effectiveness, and relevant competitive developments to further drive strategy of the brands.
- Utilize category and consumer insights to identify growth opportunities and drive innovation in product development as well as marketing initiatives.
- Manage product development initiatives on base business and innovation. Project-manage all cross-functional activities to achieve successful on-time launches, and ensure consistent brand positioning for new item launches.
- Write creative briefs and manage the agency activities/projects, providing direction for all necessary marketing/creative material produced internally or externally. Ensure consistent creative execution and positioning and development of integrated campaigns.
- Develop, maintain and consistently communicate compelling brand positions and USPs. Demonstrate discipline in providing creative direction and ensure creative and programming alignment with brands’ target audiences and opportunities.
- Oversee integration of PR, digital and social media strategies and initiatives that drive brand visibility and loyalty.
- Oversee trade shows, customer and trade marketing, grower marketing.
- Develop and manage marketing budgets for all brands and measure results to maximize ROI.
- Build collaborative relationships with Sales/Trade Marketing, Finance, Operations, and Product Development.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- MBA degree strongly preferred, BA required.
- 4+ years in brand management role or consumer marketing within CPG; fresh produce experience strongly desired; food experience sought.
- Experience in both corporate and entrepreneurial environments highly desirable.
- Solid understanding of the following areas: advertising, digital marketing, consumer promotions, POS marketing, PR, sales promotions, and trade marketing.
- Experience managing highly skilled direct reports preferred.
- Strong cross-functional project management skills, including leading new product development efforts.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical skills/attention to detail required.
- Advanced MS PowerPoint and Excel skills required.
Please contact Tara Schwartz, email@example.com
1726 total views, 4 today