The Brand Manager or Brand Director is responsible for providing knowledge, strategy and leadership for the company’s growing product portfolio and market segments, which delivers significant impact on both the company’s growth and the future of sustainable agriculture. We are looking for an experienced brand manager in the plant protection industry with the desire and ability to grow a career in the rapidly growing bio pesticides industry.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive annual and a 3-5 year product business plan.
- Provide in-depth market, industry and competitive analysis for existing products and new product launches by brand by crop.
- Interact with Supply Chain, Regulatory, R&D, Product Development and Sales Departments to ensure product formulations, labeling, registrations, product supply and demand, competitive pricing and sales support are in place to optimize customer satisfaction and value to the business.
- Responsible for the annual and long-term brand strategies
- Develop pricing and packaging strategies.
- Based on solid market insight and data analysis create and implement the brand strategy.
- Develop and manage the brand value proposition and positioning.
- Collaborate with the Head of Communication on the communication strategy
- In concert with the Regulatory Department, maintain all product master labels and container labels to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies and take advantage of market opportunities
- Implement market research initiatives as needed.
- Develop, monitor and update product forecasts, marketing and financial plans.
- Build and maintain strategic relationships with potential partners for co-promotion opportunities to increase the customer experience with the products.
- Provide guidance to product development and R&D on AI suitability for current unmet market needs and conduct appropriate market analysis.
- Develop and oversees the implementation of an annual brand market business and communication plan.
- Provide market support across multiple crops for the positioning of the relevant product portfolio
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably with a concentration in business management, marketing, agriculture, or related field of business.
- 5 years’ experience in crop protection sales plus business experience or 5 years sales and marketing experience in the crop protection industry.
- 5 – 10 years’ experience in the crop protection market with 2-4 years in a brand marketing role.
- Experience in market analysis, forecasting, budget planning skills required.
- Experience in pesticide regulatory environment highly preferable.
- Familiarity and a passion for agriculture and biopesticides are highly desirable.
- Demonstrated success in product launches and end-to-end execution of marketing strategies.
ESSENTIAL MENTAL AND PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS:
- Ability to sit at a desk for extended periods.
- Ability to extensively use computer keyboard, mouse, monitor and phone.
- Ability to lift at least 40 pounds.
- Ability to work in a venue such as a hotel or other organization’s meeting room, conference rooms, convention space or farm fields.
- Ability as Product Manager to provide creativity, knowledge, strategic thinking and leadership for growing product portfolio and market segments, and have the opportunity to make a significant impact on both the company’s growth and the future of sustainable agriculture.
- Ability to work collaboratively on a team, as well as, be an independent worker.
- Ability to provide and maintain open lines of communication with employees from all areas of the organization, in an effort to coordinate and interact with other departments to shape and achieve goals without formal authority.
- Ability to be highly organized, prioritize and direct multiple projects; meet multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Attention to detail is essential in this position.
- Ability to be flexible and highly adaptable to new or changing priorities.
- Ability to identify issues, impacts and implications and recommend solutions.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and changes in workload priorities, ability to prioritize tasks, and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to travel domestically by car, train or air approximately 20-30% of the time.
- Overnight travel to annual meetings/conferences (up to 7 consecutive days) required; overnight travel to other meetings (typically 1-5 consecutive days); inclusion of weekends may be involved.
The company offers a comprehensive benefits package including a 401(k) plan with employer match, and a health plan including medical and dental coverage, life insurance coverage, long term disability, and a flexible spending account for dependent care and/or medical expenses.
The above is a list of essential duties and responsibilities for this position. This list is not all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned. This job description may be modified as needed.
Equal-opportunity employer. A pre-employment drug screen and background check will be required.
Please contact Tara Schwartz, firstname.lastname@example.org
122 total views, 6 today