An industry leader with an excellent company culture seeks a well-rounded manager to direct their greenhouse category. Experience with greenhouse grown tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers needed. Expertise in grower relations, contract negotiations, sourcing, marketing, and sales desired. Position based in Canada, with potential to be based in California.
This is an excellent opportunity with a phenomenal organization. For more information, contact D.J. at 805-481-3200 x102, email@example.com.
This key role provides procurement, sales and marketing leadership, and direction for the Greenhouse category in a rapidly changing, high-pressure environment. Responsible for contributing to the strategic direction of the category. Reacts to market conditions and ultimately increases volume and revenue year over year. Ensures that our growers receive the highest possible return in relation to the quality and condition of the product, while minimizing market based costs.
- Collaborates with internal and external contacts to develop procurement, sales and marketing plans for the Greenhouse category. Ensures consistency with company business strategies, objectives and plans.
- Establishes and monitors achievement of sales objectives, in accordance with sales and marketing plans and performance indicators. Identifies gaps and obtains product to meet customer needs.
- Regularly interacts with internal staff to ensure all procedures, processes and guidelines are followed; provides information and guidance to internal team members relating to the category; consistently ensures key decisions are made in response to changing market conditions.
- Determines supply requirements and liaises with procurement personnel, where required, to source required product. Seeks relationships with suppliers who provide a strong fit with the Company’s requirements; establishes strong collaborative relationships with growers / suppliers / exporters.
- Proactively manages costs and expenses associated with the category; makes decisions based on the best interests of both growers and the Company. Achieves optimum revenue for the grower while fulfilling retail customer requirements.
- Visits relevant growers, sales offices, and cold storage facilities as needed to view and monitor the fruit within the category.
- Determines reconditioning parameters in cooperation with the grower; considers balancing customer commitments and potential rejections with costs.
- Liaises with growers to forecast the sizes, varieties and amounts of product available to the market. Works with sales staff to proactively sell the product prior to the season via pre-programmed sales and during the season. Prepares and/or analyzes financial reports to growers on relevant category activities.
- Collaborates with internal staff to ensure that the right product is shipped at a competitive price, proactively manages costs including reconditioning charges and transfers to regional cold storage facilities.
- In consultation with the marketing department, provides leadership in the development of short and long-term marketing and promotional goals for the assigned category. Collaborates on direction for special programs for the category.
- May oversee the work of a category coordinator, specialist or manager. Promotes and provides for a cooperative working environment.
Required Knowledge & Abilities
- Strong prioritization skills with a commitment to detail and accuracy; thrives in a high pressure environment
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with various departments, foster teamwork and build effective working relationships both inside and outside an organization
- Expert knowledge of fresh produce categories; depth of knowledge in produce retail, wholesale and food service markets
- Ability to analyze sales and marketing information, develop solutions and monitor outcomes
- Ability to conduct presentations at an executive level; strong ability to communicate and tailor messages to a diverse audience.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, make appropriate decisions and effectively communicate information, both orally and written, to appropriate parties
- Self-starter with a high degree of initiative
- Minimum 8 years of successful and proven experience in category management and sales in the produce industry
- Bachelor’s degree in business with a focus on sales and marketing
- DESIRED: specific training in agribusiness marketing or related industry courses
Please contact D.J. Stornetta, firstname.lastname@example.org
1981 total views, 7 today