D.J. Stornetta Office 805-481-3200 Fax 805-481-3545 Produce Careers Inc. 122 Le Point Street Suite 202 Arroyo Grande, CA 93420
Scroll down to see our active searches. Or refine the list using the keyword search bar. If you’d like to speak with our Executive Recruiters, contact us directly at 805-481-3200 x10.
An industry leading agribusiness company is seeking an experienced Controller to be a part of their succession planning efforts. This talented business professional will manage all accounting and fiscal management aspects of their family business operations from their corporate office. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability for company advancement.
• Provide timely and accurate financial statements for the company and 37 other related party entities.
• Direct and oversee all aspects of the finance and accounting functions of the organization and related party entities including supervision of the accounting staff.
• Manage banking relationships for company and related party entities. This includes crop loans, equipment loans, real estate loans, credit agreements, cash and debt management and ensuring compliance with bank covenant requirements.
• Manage all aspects of crop income recognition, crop income distribution and crop inventory reconciliation.
• Provide internal analysis and reporting to Executive Management team to optimize both short-term and long term financial objectives. This includes forecasting and analysis for future investments.
• Coordinate and direct preparation of the budget and financial forecasts for internal and bank relationship use.
• Review and compile all information required for the preparation of the company’s annual tax return and year end reviewed financial statement as well as related party tax returns.
• Responsible for tax planning and compliance with all Federal, State and local agencies, payroll and other applicable taxes.
• Evaluate and recommend insurance coverage for protection against property, crop, liability and health risks.
• Manage all aspects of company human resources from employee benefits, employee handbook, employee illness and injury policies and compliance/management of the employee profit sharing plan, sick leave, payroll taxes and overtime, workers compensation, etc.
• Management of company and related party commercial properties.
• Coordinate all property transactions from Purchase and Sale Agreement to close of escrow.
**SALARY, BONUS, PROFIT SHARE, 401K, FULL BENEFITS, RELOCATION ASSISTANCE**
• Educational background should include a BA/BS in accounting and or finance or MBA.
• Minimum 5 years of related experience – Food Processing – Vegetables, or Ag – Farming, Growers, Crops, etc.
• Experience in agricultural industry ie. crops, farming, food processing, produce, seed, agribusiness, etc. – or related.
• This position requires technical and analytical skills, proficient in data processing operations and exceptional ability in Excel. Famous Software experience is a plus.
• Strong verbal and written skills along with management and organizational abilities are also important.
For more information, contact Tami Lister, firstname.lastname@example.org
368 total views, 2 today