A well-established food manufacturer is searching for a Corporate Controller to join their team in CA. The Corporate Controller applies principles of finance and accounting to analyze financial information, prepares and presents financial reports, and provides key business partners with relevant financial information, analysis, and technical expertise. The position is responsible for the accounting and finance operations including production of financial reports, maintenance of accounting records and development of a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risks and enhance the accuracy of the business’ reported financial results. Key responsibilities include general accounting, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, master data, internal controls, compliance, budget management, financial analysis, and reporting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all monthly, quarterly, and year-end close activities in the preparation of internal and external consolidated financial statements in accordance with GAAP
- Develops and drives compliance to financial policies, procedures, and internal controls and plays a leading role in process improvements
- Manage and coordinates accounting transactions, financial reporting, and maintains standardized reporting timelines.
- Act as primary contact with internal/external audits, prepare relevant reports, and coordinate with Corporate Controller’s office
- Ensure accounting activities and reporting are in accordance with established legal, regulatory, and company procedures
- Maintain budgets and analyze budget requests to identify areas in which efficiencies, cost reductions and productivity gains can me be made and allocates operating budget.
- Assist in cash management; including managing vendor relationships, preparing weekly cash flow analysis, and generating check runs
- Establishes strong business partner relationship with the functional team and be the business’ technical expert in accounting matters
- Review and analyze financial trends and provide analytical reporting
- Ensure accuracy and consistency of the Master data records
- Provides direction, performance coaching, and career development to a team of financial professionals
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration. Advanced degree preferred.
- 10 or more years of accounting experience, including 5 or more years as a controller or equivalent.
- Previous experience in the food manufacturing industry is a plus.
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex accounting literature and apply to the business/specific transactions.
- Strong understanding of the consolidation process, currency translation, interaction between financial statements, and sales & use tax accounting.
- Previous experience with cash management, treasury, and tax a plus
- Demonstrated ability to perform with a high level of accuracy under tight time constraints
- Strong understanding of the preparation of financial statements
- Impeccable analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of abstract variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of people and manage competing priorities without direct supervision
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and influence others, including direct reports, peers and senior leadership of the company
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and other software programs, and the ability to quickly learn other business-related systems/program
Salary: DOE, Medical Benefits, 401K, relocation assistance.
Please contact Jennifer Mazza, Jennifer@producecareers.com
559 total views, 10 today