The Cost Accountant develops systems, analyzes data and administers policies regarding all aspect of the Company’s product cost activities (standard costing, variance analysis, new product costing and verification), including but not limited to, current activities, historical analysis or future projections.
- Demonstrates an unwavering commitment to the Company’s values.
- Establish product cost templates or use established templates and ensure accuracy and relevancy of information provided.
- Analyze monthly component usage variance report.
- Perform cost observations on initial production of new formulas and batch items along with follow-up observations to verify results.
- Perform regular cost observations on existing products in order to validate existing cost assumption for labor, material, and overhead.
- Analyze the cost impact of changes to bill of materials, and new product formulas.
- Review budget vs. actual analysis with management.
- Supports monthly closing process; review quarterly P&L with management.
- Work with new product development on post production run analyses.
- Assist in developing internal controls that complement the Company’s goals and objectives for product costing analysis and decision-making. Effectively implement and manage internal control practices throughout the organization.
- Develop standards cost and analyze variances.
- Tracks labor hours and allocations to each product.
- Analyze operational and/or inventory control practices and make recommendations on profit improvement steps.
- Ensure accuracy of the physical inventory, at all stages in all locations, and reported results. Investigate and explain variances.
- Effectively work with production, sales, quality assurance and accounting department in setting standards and practices that ensure proper and correct costs and inventory levels.
- Ensure that all cost-related files are maintained in an orderly and timely fashion.
- Perform periodic inventory audits at all warehouse locations.
- Maintain quick response time on all cost requests.
- Assist on cost analysis.
Reporting & Analysis:
- Develop, maintain and distribute reports and financial analysis as required.
- Assist in generating reporting for analysis of variances, inventory quantity analysis, and cost development for products in all markets.
- Develop cost metrics to drive cost improvements and identify opportunities for efficacy.
- Address both domestic and international cost related topics to include items such as product development costs, duty costs, packaging and labeling, etc.
- Prepares departmental actual vs. budget reports & research variances.
- Create and analyze monthly, quarterly and annual reports, providing analytical review of information in clear and concise format for various stakeholders.
- Assist in monthly financial operations review, identify trends and collaborate with members of accounting to ensure alignment with Company goals.
- Generates weekly labor cost and shipments reports for management review.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Five years of experience in Accounting or Finance performing cost accounting responsibilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills, detail oriented and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking abilities.
- Ability to quickly assimilate information from different sources and come up with sound solutions.
- Strong sense of urgency and personal accountability.
- Costing experience in the produce industry or food manufacturing environment.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position; typical work hours and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., but additional hours of work may be required during month-end, quarter-end, year-end, budgeting period, financial audits and for special projects.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Please contact Tara Schwartz, firstname.lastname@example.org
649 total views, 1 today