The Cost Accountant is responsible for key several areas within manufacturing accounting, supply chain accounting, financial reporting, forecasting, product development and information systems. The cost accountant controls and directs the recording and reporting of all standard and actual variable cost data, providing management with timely and accurate financial information.
The Cost Accountant is responsible for managing the facility’s manufacturing cost system, maintaining the facility’s bill of materials, developing new product costs, analyzing raw material yields & loss factors and distributes financial reports to management. The Cost Accountant is responsible for month end close activities and assisting the Company’s Internal Audit Department to ensure that internal controls are operating effectively.
1. Maintain the facility’s manufacturing cost accounting system, including bill of material maintenance and establishing standard costs for raw product, ingredient, packaging and overheads.
2. Prepare, analyze and distribute the facility’s daily/weekly/monthly production reports and manufacturing cost variance reports to management.
3. Create shop orders, post daily production to shop orders and allocate raw product, ingredients, packaging, direct labor and overheads to shop orders.
4. Collaborate with the facility’s operation team, research & development, marketing and corporate finance to develop new product costs.
5. Support the facility’s cost savings initiatives through data analysis and financial reporting.
6. Provide the facility’s Quality department in calculating costs incurred resulting from vendor claims reported in the Company’s database.
7. Perform month end close processes:
a) Accrue production, material & supplies consumption, direct labor and overhead absorption.
b) Brand manufacturing cost variances, purchase price variances, overhead absorption and freight expense by product group.
c) Reconcile production and material consumption.
d) Reconcile P&L accounts
8. Review processes and make recommendations for improvements by utilizing lean manufacturing techniques.
9. Assist in the development of the facility’s annual operating plan:
a) Production by method and through-put analysis
b) Raw product yield analysis
c) Develop monthly VPC forecasts by variety and cost category.
d) Direct labor requirement analysis and cost allocation
e) Variable overhead cost allocation
f) Fixed overhead cost allocation
10. Review processes and make recommendations for improvements.
11. Ensure that all internal controls are operating effectively.
12. Review processes and make recommendations for improvements.
13. Ad hoc special projects and analyses as requested.
Must possess B.S./B.A. degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or comparable degree.
2-3 years Cost Accounting experience, within a Food Manufacturing setting strongly preferred.
Detail and process oriented with strong problem resolution abilities.
Self-starter; take charge, positive and proactive attitude.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Excellent computer aptitude. Experience with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access desirable. Working knowledge with external databases and accounting software.
Ability to deftly use the Company’s Technical, ERP, and routing systems. Knowledge and experience of working with ERP systems such as SAP is highly preferred
Competitive salary and Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401(k)
Please contact Tara Schwartz, email@example.com
479 total views, 7 today