D.J. Stornetta Office 805-481-3200 Fax 805-481-3545 Produce Careers Inc. 122 Le Point Street Suite 202 Arroyo Grande, CA 93420
Scroll down to see our active searches. Or refine the list using the keyword search bar. If you’d like to speak with our Executive Recruiters, contact us directly at 805-481-3200 x10.
The Cost Accountant will serve as a business partner for the assigned operating divisions. The Cost Accountant is primarily responsible for ensuring that plant leadership and senior company leadership have actionable and intelligent information on all facets of plant operating costs. The position is responsible for the ongoing analysis of the assigned operating divisions, tracing costs to underlying activities and ensuring the system is accurately reflecting costs so that business decisions are transparent, verifying accurate cost set-up, margin analysis and standard vs actual cost analysis. The position will manage plant accounting in the preparation of monthly financial statements, budgets, forecasts and ad-hoc projections.
This position reports to the Cost Accounting Manager and does not supervise staff. The position will work closely with Operations, Plant Accountants, Sales, Marketing, Director of Operations, Purchasing, and Fruit Procurement and Grower Services.
(The essential functions listed below are not intended to reflect all duties that may be assigned to this position. The Company may augment duties, including essential functions, at its discretion.)
· Report on actual vs planned performance, understand the reasons for variances, and report this information to operations personnel. Support assigned plants in understanding actual costs and projected versus actual costs. Understand and embrace that the reason for this process is to create actionable information in achieving the annual plan and creating future continuous improvement.
· Create and review reports that aid in understanding actual and projected costs, assist operations and sales in making go/no-go decisions and evaluation of operating decisions.
· Analyze current and past financial and performance data in order to identify trends, threats and opportunities and develop recommendations and projections.
· Review standard costs and related system processes to ensure system accurately reflects (a) cost of each process at each division and (b) key business decisions and their real results. Recommend improvements.
· Perform monthly analysis of the major material commodities, analyzing prior period trends, and forward estimates to determine the impact on the division. Particular focus on relevant information that results in changed behaviors and on cost avoidance strategies.
· Perform advanced cost accounting work covering material and production costs. Provide simulated cost estimates for new and current products, plan and conduct analysis to determine cost of business activities, and provide cost benefit analysis related to projects and initiatives.
· Ensure accuracy of inventory by monitoring and maintaining accurate inventory controls by monthly reconciling accounts and analysis of inventory levels.
· Manage month-end process for assigned plants while ensuring the accuracy of the monthly financial statements.
· Manage, clear, and resolve cost accounting errors on a daily basis. Correct current issues and prevent errors from repeating in the future.
· Manage and implement the annual standard cost development for assigned facilities. Provide guidance and direction to plant accountants during the preparation of costs as part of the annual budget. Recommend cost improvement measures, budget adjustments and standard cost changes.
· Analyze and manage capital budget requests. Perform capital analysis by verifying capital spending, analyzing project paybacks, and understanding the impact of capital projects. Ensure benefits from approved capital projects are accurately reflected in the annual budget. Actively participate in annual capital spending audit and ensure learnings from this process are carried forward to future capital requests.
· Manage plant accounting for assigned facilities in the preparation of detailed budgets, forecasts and ad-hoc projections.
· Implement controls needed for data accumulation and reporting systems.
· Perform under the Working Conditions described below.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR ENTRY:
· Principles and practices of financial and manufacturing accounting.
· Principles and practices of financial forecasting and budgeting.
· Strong understanding and working knowledge of GAAP requirements.
· Pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, codes, and regulations.
· Identify, research, and analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, and project consequences of proposed actions.
· Strong analytical experience preferably in a financial and/or manufacturing environment.
· Inquisitive and precise-Adept at finding they ‘why’ and the ‘how’ behind the results and formulating observations and recommendations.
· Gather, evaluate, and interpret information.
· Effectively organize, plan, and execute.
· Lead and/or participate on cross-functional project teams that investigate, analyze, and recommend process improvements.
· Maintain confidential and sensitive information.
· Gain cooperation through discussion and persuasion.
· Use computers and computer software including ERP systems, Business Intelligence systems, SQL and Excel to perform routine and ad-hoc tasks.
· Meet behaviors established in the Company’s performance management and development process.
Please contact Mark Teague, firstname.lastname@example.org
274 total views, 4 today