One of the fastest growing food processors has a terrific opportunity for a finance and business leader to help shape their growth and direction. Based in Northern California, they are the pacesetter in a continuously growing category, and have a strong retail and foodservice presence.
The Director of Agriculture and Processing Business will be responsible for the business side of the operation, seeking out data-driven and financially-based solutions required to effectively manage and grow our processing and farm operations. This will include developing and refining processing and farm business strategies including the development of annual budgets, 5-year business plans and the compilation and analysis of financial performance KPI’s for processing, farm and related business operations. In short, s/he has responsibility for the strategy and financial performance of the company’s processing and farm assets, and will lead the development of strategy and financial analysis of the company’s agricultural and facility expansion efforts. The successful candidate will be very hands-on, working closely and collaboratively with the other members of the Ag & Processing Operations leadership team in executing an aggressive growth strategy.
- Direct development of the agriculture and processing P&L, including analysis of all farm and processing direct costs.
- Manage development and implementation of strategic and tactical business plans for agricultural and processing operations to ensure on-going ability and capacity to grow, linking those plans to company-wide Financial Planning and Analysis activities and analysis.
- Lead ad and post-hoc analysis on effectiveness of agricultural and processing operations using all data sources available, recommending actions and resulting modifications in strategy.
- Propose and drive cross-functional initiatives to standardize document and information management systems with internal and external stakeholders.
- Evaluate existing operational business systems and costing methods and develop improved procedures and costing systems for all farming and processing areas, including implementation of Activity-Based Costing or other methods as necessary.
- Provide comprehensive financial and investment analyses of all land acquisitions and new growing/faming development projects.
- Recommend data-driven business strategies for equipment acquisition, development of equipment lifecycle plans and harvester, tractor and vehicle replacement strategies.
- Research, analyze, propose and implement industry leading and “game-changing” sustainability, organic production, Regenerative Agricultural or other strategies to help lead the agricultural and processing team to world-class production status.
- Contribute cross-functionally as a member of the company’s senior leadership team.
Ideal Candidate Profile
We seek a results-driven Director who has excellent strategic thinking skills, relevant agri-business and financial analysis experience, a strong collaborative and team-oriented attitude and a business builder’s entrepreneurial perspective, thought process and execution capability. The winning candidate will have a dynamic management style with strong interpersonal skills that are equally effective in an on-farm visit with fellow team members and in the boardroom. A pioneering view that supports the company’s growth strategies is essential.
Experience and Skills Required
- Minimum of 5-8 years of senior-level agricultural business management experience.
- Solid expertise of Agricultural business, financial analysis and investment strategy.
- Initiative and ability to develop new procedures to make Ag and processing business processes more efficient, and development of reporting systems to analyze and act upon results.
- A strategic thinker with the knowledge, skills, experience and judgment to evaluate the existing and ongoing utilization/performance of the company’s processing and farming assets, and recommend and lead implementation of improvements or solutions.
- Proven collaborative, negotiation, communication, and integrative skills that are effective at all levels of the organization from board room to field.
- Demonstrated strong leadership and team-building expertise.
- Interpret and synthesize operational and crop/processing data to prepare reports and presentations as appropriate for various audiences.
- Strong analytical aptitude with a business builder’s perspective and mindset, able to quickly prioritize opportunities and build consensus upon them.
- International Agribusiness experience desirable.
Personal Characteristics Required
- Building trust with all team members and stakeholders, encouraging the open expression of ideas and opinions with a high Emotional Quotient (EQ).
- Highest integrity, with a proven ability to work at highest accuracy and attention to detail.
- A true self-motivated, hands-on style and approach, with high physical and intellectual energy, and a robust entrepreneurial spirit with a “never-give-up” tenacity.
- Takes-on uncertainty with confidence and gusto and is not afraid of change.
- Passion for what s/he does and a desire to learn about their business and the industry.
Education Level Desired and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Ag Business, Ag Economics, Accounting or another relevant field.
- An MBA in Agribusiness or Master’s in Ag Economics or related field is desirable.
- Lean Six Sigma skills a huge plus.
Please contact Tara Schwartz, email@example.com
478 total views, 2 today