Job #31292 – California
The purpose of the position is to contribute to company growth and maximize returns to grower partners by initiating, leading, planning and executing against strategic sales and business development plans that enhances the value of the company to key customers. Primary focus is to develop additional West Coast Business on as well as to help provide guidance and leadership to West Coast team in the area of new business development. Initial goals are to grow our share with West Coast retail/foodservice at a faster rate than production. Effective leadership and guidance to the regional sales team to include, but not be limited to, strategic customer growth and development, effective sales planning, regional business development, and delivers sales driven forecast to product management and our partners.
Position to be based in the Salinas / Monterey region. Potential for consideration for a home based role for ideal candidate. Position will not have any direct reports at this time.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Provide guidance to west coast regional account managers and supporting team to achieve the results of each position description and sales goals; in context of the company vision, mission, guiding values and strategies.
- Mentors, develops, and trains regional team members assuring highly motivated people working as a team achieving personal and company objectives of their position as it relates to key product lines.
- Develops, directly manages and maintains existing customer relationships as well as targets prospective new customers regionally in conjunction with overall sales strategy
- Provides leadership motivated by the company’s vision, mission, guiding values, strategies, and in compliance with management policies.
- Manages within the designated sales department budget with direct responsibilities to company performance vs. USDA and price per pound performance against budget/forecast.
- Member of VP Sales leadership team helping to establishing sales plan, key and targeted customers and product priorities, and overall sales strategy.
- Responsible for directing the sales and product allocation to achieve the agreed sale plan, and has final authority for product allocation as it relates to key product line regional sales.
- Coordinates and communicates with Product Management assuring sales plans aligns with the production plans and advises when contrary actions are required as it relates to planning gaps between the two.
- Cooperates with marketing department initiatives and provides feedback and recommendations for marketing tactics and programs that help drive sales.
- Coordinates with the Operations/Logistic department to achieve the targeted customer and department service goals in most efficient manner that drives best in class.
- Manages assignment of accounts and sales goals to regional account managers.
- Responsible for ongoing and no less than biannual developmental feedback and written performance review for all direct reports.
- Proposes, develops, analyzes and reports sales metrics measuring achievement of goals or predictive of necessary corrections required, and adjusts sales plan accordingly to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Provides customer reviews coordinating with product managers to implement strategies to achieve desired results for customers and products as it relates to the retail channel.
- Must assure sales team cooperation with accounts receivables to achieve collection and days outstanding goals, and is ultimately responsible to collect on all sales.
- Actively pursues innovation by identification, evaluation and recommendation to investigate new product opportunities, alternative distribution, new concept development, and other ideas to achieve the vision and mission of Company.
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Sales or related field.
- Proven Track record in Sales a must, experience with berries and organics desired.
- West Coast Retail knowledge and existing customer relationships a must
- Strong Understanding of Organic Market dynamics and Organic Customers both big and small
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience and demonstrated skills in selling and prior personnel management preferred.
- Excellent communication, organization, negotiation, persuasion, reasoning, and strategic planning skills required.
- Self-directed time management skills to ensure a high level of quality and efficiency in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong knowledge of perishable products distribution channels.
- Ability to travel up to 120 days annually but may fluctuate as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, motivate, mentor and direct a sales force to achieve sales strategies and profit goals.
- Good oral and written presentation and communication skills.
- Profit and loss mentality assessing and making changes based on potential impact of changes in price, margin, etc. to gain value / loss of value to the Company’s key stakeholders.
- Ability to create and contribute to Strategies, Goals and Sales Plans with examples of solid execution.
- Proficient with computer applications, including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook. Experience with Diver and SAP a plus.
Please contact DJ Stornetta, firstname.lastname@example.org
685 total views, 5 today