Top Companies Are Seeking Top Talent.
Scroll down to see our active searches. Or refine the list using the keyword search bar. If you’d like to speak with our Executive Recruiters, contact us directly at 805-481-3200 x10.
Strong, growing produce company is seeking a Director of Farming to oversee and manage several farming locations and greenhouses
- Provide appropriate levels of motivation for staff including goal setting, development, feedback and evaluations
- Responsible for Annual Domestic Farming Crop Plan
- Create annual domestic farming crop plan to target 120% of sales forecast
- PNL for farming operations with goal of profit maximization
- Ensure harvested crops meet established company and industry quality standards
- Ensure proper post-harvest and cold chain management
- Negotiate new farm leases
- Ensure farm operations are in compliance with all Federal, State, and Local regulations
- Develop crop plans
- Perform contract negotiations
- Ensure compliance of on farm pesticide use with established state DPR requirements
- Ensure compliance of farming operations with USDA NOP
- Ensure compliance with industry established Good Agricultural Practices (GAP)
- Compliance with customer food safety requests
- Participate in strategic working group sessions.
- Collaborative development of companywide strategy, goals, objectives, and tactics
- Implementation of strategic planning initiatives
- Model facilitative leadership skills
- 5+ years in multiple farming management experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong communications skills
- Strong leadership and track record of success
Competitive base salary plus bonus and benefits depending on experience.
Please contact Katie Settle, email@example.com
411 total views, 2 today