A well-established fresh cut processor is looking for a Director of Ingredient Procurement to join their team. This position is responsible for development and execution of the overall procurement strategy for Indirect, packaging and condiments used across all operations including domestic and international sourcing, contract negotiation, supply management, supplier relationship management, cost per pound management, market trend analysis and risk mitigation planning to insure the timely supply of quality fruits to the business to meet customer demand at price points that achieve corporate cost objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Measure category key performance indicators, monitor market trends, analyze data and produce reports and graphs to assess performance vs. market, identify market trends, manage quality and vendor performance and support strategies and recommendations.
- Develop sourcing strategies based on solid data analytics for all situations including seasonal transition periods in support of corporate goals and objectives and customer requirements while ensuring internal stakeholder and supplier alignment and engagement.
- Build a global vendor base to meet company-wide, regional and local sourcing needs and manage key contracts.
- Drive innovation to further develop the business globally and ensure that the category is strategically placed in the global market. Build a high performing team of production supervisors with the capability successfully execute on new business opportunities.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Business Degree with emphasis in Operations, Supply Chain and / or Finance; MBA preferred.
- 5+ years in Ingredient and Packaging Category Management.
- In depth knowledge of sourcing, procurement lifecycle and category analysis.
- Demonstrated experience developing global procurement strategies in the category.
- Deep grower and broker contacts.
- Strong negotiation skills; experience drafting Supply Agreements and interacting with legal counsel.
- Strong analytical and presentation skills and the ability to gain internal and external stakeholder buy-in.
- The ability to drive innovation and strategy within the business.
- Time management skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office (especially Excel and PowerPoint) skills.
- Inventory management and Ordering experience (to support team).
Salary: DOE, Medical Benefits, 401K, relocation assistance
Please contact Jennifer Mazza, Jennifer@producecareers.com
263 total views, 1 today