The Sr. Manager or Director Supply Planning supports the attainment of the Company’s targeted operational metrics (fill, inventory levels, service rates and lead times to customers, etc.) by continually improving and balancing demand and supply planning. The Sr. Manager or Director Supply Planning reports to the Vice President Supply Chain – and has direct supervisory responsibility for the supply planning team. This position is responsible for the coaching, development and supervision of supply planning staff and is additionally responsible for the ongoing execution and improvement of the Company’s S&OP process. The role of the Sr. Manager or Director Supply Planning will deliver value to the product through innovative network planning and optimization, and materials planning and management that optimizes the business outcomes for the Company. Will have daily interface with all departments throughout the organization and responsibility for scheduling multiple plant product commodities.
In their capacity as tactical administrator of S&OP, the Sr. Manager or Director of Supply Planning will be required to develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stake-holders outside of planning (Sales, Product Line, Ag Operations, Manufacturing Operations, Customer Operations, Finance, HR, IT, etc.).
Why this Company?
- A unique experience growing out a business with unmatched global reach in the industry in addition to premium market intelligence on the global supply chain
- The Company has an impressive breadth of resources to take advantage of, including the state-of-the-art tomato processing operations in California, which are now the largest supply source of tomato products within the United States
- The company has fostered strong relationships with farming communities, the processing industry, and end customers, allowing a unique mix of global reach with local touch
Key responsibilities include:
- The development and continual improvement of the Company’s ongoing demand plan (maintenance of demand data, statistical forecast, customer input process, internal input process, execution).
- The optimization of the Company’s Supply Plans consistent with overall corporate objectives.
- Develop and monitor Key Performance Indicators for each step of the Company’s Sales and Operations Planning to ensure continual improvement.
- Monitor and enforce downstream accountabilities from S&OP, and proactively engage top management to ensure ongoing commitment.
- Make strategic recommendations to improve KPI positions and avoid shortfalls.
- Administer S&OP Supply Review Planning processes to aid in accurate supply & demand forecasts
- Administer SAP APO suite (Demand Planning, Supply Planning) while partnering with IT
- Plan and direct the business function to attain optimum utilization of materials, achieve capacity, yields and overall cost reduction.
- Champion S&OP Supply Planning Process & conduct it on a frequent basis to drive inventories down while meeting sales commitments.
- Review current supply planning processes and systems, and identify opportunities to improve fulfillment of the demand plans while achieving inventory objectives across the tactical and strategic horizons.
- Implementing milling plans for net new and second-pass manufacturing processes to support sales requirements for commodity product lines; translate milling plans into shop orders; choose input materials, and line-load manufacturing systems.
- Utilize forecast, coverage reports, inventory reports and knowledge of products to ensure shippable product to meet customer demand.
- Lead the development and implementation of Supply Chain network planning, Material planning and capacity planning optimization (Processes / People / Systems).
- Develop and deploy global inventory management policies that address optimum service strategies for inventory to support customer demand and inventory targets.
- Develop and deploy network and capacity planning policies that address the supply chain positioning to support the Company’s growth.
- Maximize value of inventory by careful selection and disposition of inventories; utilize/schedule rework processing of aged goods, in-process materials for highest value product consistent with sales requirements.
- Support quality of product line by careful scheduling of consistent input material, ensuring adequate retesting of material to meet customer requirements, provide trace ability, and work with QA personnel on training issues, test results.
- Deliver Summary KPI reports relating to the performance and improvement activities of the above processes and systems.
- Minimum of 10 years supply chain management experience in high SKU seasonal business in planning, sourcing, logistics.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, Mathematics, Operations, Business or related.
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience at a Sr. Manager or Director level preferred
- IBF and APICS designations preferred
- Proven track record of highly effective analysis and communication
- Excellent knowledge of MS applications
- Strong understanding of MRP/ERP/DRP fundamentals and processes is essential, preferably with proven experience implementing process improvements.
- Food or CPG experience preferred.
Please contact Mark Teague, Mark@producecareers.com
310 total views, 7 today