Innovative fruit and value-added processor has a great opportunity for a food safety and quality assurance leader! This role has overall responsibility for all food safety & QA programs and initiatives for facilities in the Southeast and Midwest.
This position will act as the FSQA Manager at the Southeast facility and will coordinate the same functions in the Midwest facility. This includes all manufactured products and coordination of efforts between management, producers, packers, company divisions, customers, government and industry organizations.
Position based in the Southeast with seasonal travel to the Midwest.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Research, maintain and implement industry and government best practice information regarding food safety, security and quality requirements focused on continual improvement.
- Provide food safety, food defense/security, and quality assurance direction to company processing facilities.
- Align and coordinate food safety/security programs with the requirements and needs of the company.
- Acts as designated training manager. Responsible for determining and facilitating training for all processing facilities’ employees and managers for sanitation, personal hygiene, etc. Develop and coordinate all food safety/ security communications with producers, packers, and company.
- Trains approved company processors in all FSMA, food safety/security, HAACP and quality assurance requirements and update this training as needed.
- Research and keep current all customer and microbiological specifications for value added fresh and process products.
- Monitor and assist in managing all customer quality claims related to process products and developing effective corrective actions.
- Investigate and maintain current and new information regarding packing equipment, technologies and procedures, and communicate this information to company producers.
- Manage the QA department at the Southeast and Midwest facilities, review weekly documentation and ensure plant adherence to the food safety practices and procedures.
- Develop and monitor all applicable food safety and quality control budgets for process facilities.
- Is designated as SQF Practitioner with PCQI certification.
- Take lead role in 3rd party audits and preparation for all company approved process facilities.
- Ensure proper grading and quality for finished product at all company process facilities.
- Maintains accurate and easy retrievable food safety, security and quality records.
- Performs self-audits of food safety program for elements of effectiveness, identifies issues and develops corrective actions within the program for company process facilities.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Safety, science or related field preferred.
- At least five years’ experience in production agriculture, fruit production, food safety or quality assurance fields preferred.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Certified as a PCQI and the Grower Produce Safety Rule under FSMA. If no certification, candidate must obtain within six months of hire.
- Outstanding prioritization, time management and analytical skills are essential.
- A proven ability to work with a variety of people and handle stressful situations calmly is essential.
- Strong self-starting history and multi-tasking skills are required.
- Ability to function as a team player and work in a professional, confidential manner.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required.
- Maintain 100% producer compliance with company food safety requirements and policies.
- Maintain company targeted achievement levels for food safety performance.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with insurable driving record.
- SQF Practitioner
- Provide reliable transportation that will be compensated.
- 20% travel time plus spend approximately 2 full weeks in Midwest during peak time
- Be of sound physical condition to meet the auditing demands of walking, climbing, seeing, kneeling, and lifting (to 50 pounds)
- Be able to withstand extreme climate conditions of heat and cold.
- Maintain strict confidentiality when dealing with members, customers, government, media, and the general public within the confines of law.
- Permanent, full-time employment position
- Typical work week is 50+ hours
- Must be available by email, text, or phone 24/7 except when on approved leave.
Please contact D.J. Stornetta, email@example.com
445 total views, 4 today