Job Position & Primary Objectives:
An industry leading, multi-faceted food company has a terrific opening for a warehouse and transportation leader. This important role is responsible for directing the critical tasks associated with inbound and outbound perishable food products, warehouse, delivery and all inventory operations from sorting to repacking.
The position is a key leader within an incredibly strong organization who’s focus is on growing the customer business with high standards on quality, availability and service. Position is based in Nevada.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to, directing activities related to produce product receiving, produce product replenishment, produce order selection, produce order loading, expense and revenue management; ensuring abidance of government regulations; providing management and direction to warehouse and transportation team members; and ensuring safety and security of the inbound and outbound warehouse, transportation and shipping departments.
In addition, the position will interact and partner with cross management to ensure the best possible service; effective communications to and from customers to align with operational internal control and procedures; coach, guide and counsel the operational team to reach KPI’s and goals.
- Directs labor hours, consumable supplies and logistics within budget and work schedule goals.
- Develops and implements annual budget plans for the operations team to accommodate define goals by the SVP of Operations.
- Responsible for annual operations plans and budget, guidance of operations team.
- Oversee operations activities to maintain warehouse and transportation business integrity, creates and ensures policy and procedures are followed through, standardize policy, guide and process adherence.
- Develops a long-range operations strategy with SVP of Operations, and sets performance outcomes accordingly in support of organizational business strategy and objectives.
- Manages, directs, coordinates, and evaluates the Warehouse, Transportation, Shipping, Inventory and Dispatch operational functional areas. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s HR policies, SOP’s and compliance and regulatory laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Implements coaching or mentoring partnerships as appropriate.
- Among other duties and responsibilities.
The duty for the position is to be a strong team leader who is committed to the organization’s business objectives, and adhering to the company’s core values and mission. The ideal person will have the following attributes (i.e. Positive Attitude, Team Player & Customer Service).
The right fit candidate should possess the following skills and leadership behaviors:
- Results oriented and able to motivate and inspire others.
- Manage and organize multiple projects, tasks and department goals.
- Must have analytical, negotiating and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to synthesize complex ideas and data.
- Think conceptually, and able to develop long-term plans and build key relationships.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Must have knowledge about all aspects of produce and food manufacturing and essentially handle logistics, warehouse, inventory, picking, repack and dispatch.
- Must have knowledge of produce and food service industry and operations.
- Highly organized with strong multi-tasking skills; able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment & under pressure, meet deadlines & accomplish team objectives.
- Capacity to coach and develop a team of administrative and operations team members.
Education and/or Experience:
- 8+ years with produce and perishable commodity experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in food manufacturing/food service, agriculture business and/or Food Processing background 5 years’ related experience and/or education or equivalent combination of education & experience.
- Ideally 6/7 years of experience in Warehouse/Transportation operations/management or as a senior level in the produce/food industry.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other computer software programs as needed.
- Knowledge of ERP, CRM and SCM systems.
- Working knowledge of D.O.T. regulations and enforcement.
- Warehouse Technologies; voice pick, pick to light and inventory management.
Please contact D.J. Stornetta, email@example.com
107 total views, 9 today