Directs the processing operations at the Central Valley Plant to meet quality and quantity targets. Ensures compliance with corporate and regulatory agencies while maintaining flexibility of operations to meet marketing requirements and improve operations profitability.
Responsible for managing the day-to-day manufacturing activities of a high-profile food processing facility using leading edge equipment and packaging forms including plastic, glass, and steel containers.
Directs all plant related production, field, maintenance and capital activities to result in an effective organization capable of meeting annual operating production, quality, safety, sanitation, and cost targets.
Develops Variable and Fixed Budget Goals for the plant and coordinates the plant management team toward achievement of goals. Continually develops new avenues to improve efficiencies and handle new tasks.
This position has responsibility for key strategies associated with Marketing, Sales, Regional/Corporate Management and R&D. Ensures compliance with Policies and Procedures which include Good Manufacturing Practice, Quality, Food Safety Systems, FSMA, and 3rd Party Compliance requirements. Directs all local plant manufacturing activities, to ensure that both short and long term corporate objectives are met. This includes achieving cost, quality and volume targets.
- Develops Budget Targets and Cost Controls. Directs the effective use, development, and training of staff and line personnel to ensure the plant maintains compliance with corporate, state, and federal; health, safety, sanitation, quality, EEO and other regulatory standards.
- Manages production and maintenance activities and establishes production priorities to maximize operations and minimize costs in conjunction with budget targets.
- Manages production activities with field department, maintenance, quality control, and warehouse to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines and other equipment.
- Reviews and analyzes product, quality control, maintenance, and operational reports to ensure conformity with product specifications and operating or production requirements.
- Overall responsibility for the management of safety, environmental, risk management and accounting programs for compliance.
- Develops and implements operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate potential operating problems, reduce costs, and improve product quality.
- Directs the development and ongoing review of modification plans to plant machines and equipment capacities in order to improve the production and quality of the products produced.
- Controls and authorizes purchases of plant equipment, materials, and supplies in accordance with company guidelines and established accounting procedures.
- Provides active participation and operations input into new product development projects, retail leadership teams, BU Team, corporate leadership team and special project work teams.
- Review and enforce company quality standards provided by facility, regional and corporate quality authorities. Ensure regulatory compliance is met or exceeds standards in the areas of safety, environmental, sanitation and good manufacturing practices.
- Overall managerial oversight of the maintenance program to ensure a reduction in mechanical downtime, reduced product wastage, improved equipment efficiencies, plus the upgrading of plant buildings and grounds.
- Ensures the managerial staff training and development meet the needs of a dynamic operation, with changing needs.
- Maintains an effective community affairs program to ensure a good public relations program exists between the Company and the community.
- Provides corporate management with accurate information and reports necessary for sound decision making.
- Ensures Product Safety through development review and enforcement of company policy.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, federal and corporate food safety regulatory standards. Review and enforce company quality standards provided by facility, regional and corporate quality authorities.
- Responsible for overall food safety and regulatory requirements.
- Effectively represents the company with government agencies, industry groups, and in the community.
- Directs and actively supports company propriety programs.
Communication and Influence
- Serves as a change agent to drive process improvements and cultural change.
- Exceptional leadership skills and ability to mentor and motivate
Knowledge and Experience
- 10 years direct experience in a responsible/comparable production level management role, with a background in managing significant assignments.
- BA/BS degree in Food Science, Business, Industrial Technology, or other applicable discipline or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of production management, organizational management, food safety, production flow dynamics, budgeting, employee relations.
- A working knowledge of thermal processing and industrial machine control systems is required.
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management in a professional manner.
- Must demonstrate good judgment and critical decision-making skills.
- Advanced experience managing large teams through significant technology-driven change management.
- Highly experienced in negotiation and management of Vendor contracts with adequate interface with supply chain and logistics.
* Competitive salary
* Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401(k)
Please contact Tara Schwartz, firstname.lastname@example.org
482 total views, 1 today