A well-established grower/shipper/processor is searching for a Domestic Sales Manager to join their team. The Domestic Sales Manager will be responsible for all domestic sales, maximizing margins with current customers, and building and expanding existing company branded business while developing new business opportunities. Plan, direct and implement sales strategies for existing and potential clients based on company business plan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for annual sales plan and budget, new business targets and strategy, analysis of customer and commodity profitability, product development, high level customer relationships and contracts, guidance of inside and outside retail sales teams, trends in retail sales markets and channels, competitive position, brand strategy and company image.
- Maximize the sales of existing customers with the full product line.
- Establish new business relationships.
- Plan, direct and implement account business plans to expand development of existing and new business customers.
- Approximately 30-40% travel, to generate new business and to support existing business.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or five or more years related experience.
- Walnut/tree nut/ or tree fruit experience
- Knowledge of sales and margin potential in retail chains in food, and foodservice channels.
- Sales experience in retail/private label/food manufacturing industries
- Inform, educate and influence client decisions
- Experience in marketing to third party retail business.
- Self-started with strong personal discipline, commitment & accountability.
- Positive attitude, driven by results and focused on achieving stated objectives.
- Professional demeanor when dealing with others.
- Time management skills and ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Ability to develop a category strategy and retail development plan.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Salary: DOE, Medical Benefits, relocation assistance.
Please contact Jennifer Mazza, Jennifer@producecareers.com
1700 total views, 3 today