A well-established food manufacturer is searching for an Engineering Manager to join their team in CA. The Engineering manager is responsible for leading and overseeing activities involved with capital project execution including: capital estimates, engineering design, material specification, procurement, installation, and CQV (Commission, Qualification, and Validation) of food and beverage related projects to ensure vertical startup and a right first time result. This role will support projects related to line efficiency, process optimization, organic growth, food and personnel safety, and new product launches. This role will provide expertise and guidance for the installation and modification of food and beverage processing equipment, provide professional project management including scopes of work and cost estimates with projected timelines for implementation. The engineer manager will have project responsibilities for all plants and various locations including facilities in Washington, Illinois, and Ontario, Canada.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use management skills to lead the engineering group during all phases of the EWP (engineering workflow process)/EPDP (engineering project delivery process)
- Oversee development of an action plans and estimate requirements for resources management, labor, materials, and time required to complete project
- Accountable for project development and execution to include budget, schedule, and performance
- Prepare monthly reports, detailing project progress and estimating cash flow projections
- Manage 3rd party engineering resources including structural, electrical, and controls engineers, and external contractors.
- Work with strategic vendors to deliver the lowest TOC for purchases by utilizing a competitive bidding process.
- Prepare scope and bid documents for equipment, piping, and utilities changes
- Assess vendors for competence, capabilities, resources, and financial status. Review and negotiate bid documents.
- Troubleshoot process problems and identify solutions which reduce downtime and conserve costs
- Research engineering topics, prepare studies and conduct trials with operations to determine feasibility.
- Oversee development of CQV plans that will assist with transitioning capital projects to the production plant team.
- Review and critique engineering concepts and designs for accuracy and completeness. Provide constructive feedback.
- Mentor multiple engineers and other positions within the engineering field.
- Review pertinent agency regulations; advise operations, maintenance and project managers accordingly
- Maintain documentation library (drawings, manuals, standards, etc.)
Skills and Qualifications:
- BS in Engineering (preferably mechanical or agricultural) or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 10+ years of applicable engineering experience in food or beverage manufacturing.
- 5+ years of engineering management experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both in oral and written form
- Experience creating and drafting technical documents and reports
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Ability to understand and modify existing processing systems, packaging lines, and manufacturing equipment to support business needs.
- Through understanding of utility infrastructure including: ammonia refrigeration, steam, compressed air, water and waste water systems.
- Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, and computer aided design
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, under pressure and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities according to changing requirements.
Salary: DOE, Medical Benefits, 401K, relocation assistance.
Please contact Jennifer Mazza, Jennifer@producecareers.com
313 total views, 5 today