This position is responsible for supervising the facility Food Safety and Quality Assurance programs. Ensures compliance with standards and government regulations. Supervises the quality staff in regards to schedules, training and performance.
- Demonstrates an unwavering commitment to the Company’s values.
- Ensure quality evaluations of inbound, outbound product are carried out, documented according to reporting requirements.
- Train, coach and empower QA associates and implement process improvement to increase quality.
- Immediately communicates with site management regarding processes or product not meeting standard requirements and work together to resolve problems.
- Conducts GMP and internal food safety audits and inspections and work with site management to resolve issues.
- Ensures compliance with industry and government regulations, such as GFSI, HACCP and Global GAP.
- Assists with developing training content and conducts food safety training for employees.
- Maintains and updates food safety manuals, programs and policies.
- Meets with vendors and company personnel to resolve quality and food safety issues.
- Stays current with governmental compliance requirements.
- Maintains database for supplier’s compliance documentation. GMP, GAP, Social Responsibility.
- Oversees the environmental and food contact microbiology program.
- Implements and upholds GMP’s.
- Conduct daily pre-operational audits
- Ensure consistent and thorough follow-up to non-conformities related to quality food safety.
- Assist with technical documents for customers.
- Document control, specification creation and procedure writing.
- Ensure after hours response during high volume seasons and/or in the event of emergencies.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Directly supervises two employees in the Quality Control department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in food or agricultural sciences or related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years of management level Food Safety experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of HACCP, GMP’s and SQF.
- Able to work unsupervised and manage independently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems independently and with sound judgement.
- Ability to consistently demonstrate accuracy, thoroughness and dependability.
- High degree of organizational skills, including the ability to coordinate multiple priorities.
- Bilingual English/Spanish skills required.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position; work hours vary depending on workload and the operation. This position requires availability to work irregular or extended hours, including nights, weekends and holidays as needed. Regular attendance and punctuality is required.
Travel up to 5% of the time may be required. Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Please contact Tara Schwartz, email@example.com
239 total views, 7 today