The Food Safety and Compliance Manager is responsible for oversight of the Food Safety systems at the assigned facilities. This position is responsible for managing and mentoring site Food Safety team members and is the Food Safety and regulatory authority ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements and certification standards. This role frequently partners with stakeholders from Operations, Sales, Sourcing, and Planning to provide food safety leadership and subject matter expertise.
- Ensure that all Food Safety Systems & Regulatory Programs are in place for the production and storage of product manufactured under clean, safe, and wholesome conditions.
- Confirm and validate that all training programs associated with Food Safety requirements are achieved.
- Work with facilities to resolve all regulatory issues or concerns.
- Be cognizant of changes in the regulatory environment so facilities can remain on the leading edge of issues.
- Ensure that facilities have effective sanitation and food security systems.
- Ensure that the assigned facilities maintain systems and programs in a manner to meet certification standards continually.
- Work with the assigned facilities to validate that equipment modifications or new equipment can effectively be cleaned and sanitized to a microbial level acceptable.
- Work with department managers to assure timely and accurate reporting of food safety issues.
- Perform analysis and resolve consumer and customer complaints, as they relate to food safety.
- Assist in the implementation of the corrective actions with the appropriate facility management personnel.
- Coordinate and lead all third-party food safety audits
- Report results of safety audits and submit recommendations for corrective action to management for approval, as appropriate.
- Educate and advise management, and train workers on Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP).
- Audit and inspection all operations as required and whenever appropriate.
- Performs all other duties and tasks, as assigned by management
This position manages and/or mentors all Food Safety and Compliance employees and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within those departments.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Food Science or related field, or combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years industry experience in food safety and quality.
- Extensive knowledge of Primus, GFS, GMP, and HACCP.
- Familiarity with product traceability..
- Ability to train and lead others in Quality functions and Company Standards, policies and procedures.
- Ability to clearly communicate with auditors, government inspectors, and counterparts in the industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Excellent project management skills.
- Bilingual – Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English and Spanish.
- High degree of organizational skills, including the ability to coordinate multiple priorities
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is an exempt full time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., off-season and Monday through Saturdays with extended varied work times, during the harvest seasons. Some Sundays may also be required during the harvest seasons.
This position requires up to 20% travel. Most travel is outside the local area and overnight. Ability to travel internationally required.
Please contact Tara Schwartz, firstname.lastname@example.org
403 total views, 2 today