We are working with an industry leader in foodservice sales and distribution, who excels in produce sales mix in the broadline sector, focusing on produce as the “Center of the Plate”.
This terrific company is looking for a strong produce sales pro with a foodservice background for their Phoenix, AZ area location.
Summary and Essential Duties
The Enterprise Produce Manager will work under the direction of the Director of Produce and be responsible for driving growth in the produce category, managing produce sales specialists, servicing customers and sales representatives, and acting as a liaison between the growers and the organization. In this exciting and dynamic environment, every day will be different, marketing produce and driving achievement to meet enterprise sales goals. The role will be working as a team with the product sales specialists in each region, as well as growers, procurement team, QC organization, sales representatives, and customers.
- Keep produce as a leading category and meet all company goals and objectives for sales, margin and customer service under direction of Director of Produce. Know the market and continuously demonstrate points of differentiation in what we bring versus our competitors.
- Control the product through the product life cycles to optimize profits and meet marketing, financial and corporate growth objectives. Achieve dump/shrink goals set by the Enterprise. Manage SKU rationalization to ensure right product mix for each region.
- Work with procurement to ensure the right product mix to support supplier initiatives set by the Enterprise. Regularly review and set processes in place for proper handling and storage.
- Manage the process to competitively complete all RFP’s and bids to win desired business; restaurants, schools, military, healthcare and institutions.
- Develop reports and demonstrate execution of produce strategies for Director of Produce.
- Execute go-to-market strategy developed by Director of Produce, working closely with both existing and potential customers. Develop and market product POS for both internal and external customers. Drive new product rollouts including design and execution of all promotional activities.
- Evangelize our products in all settings with customers and sales representatives, bringing confidence to both the buy and the sell around quality and fair pricing. Be the face of the product for major sales opportunities including the Expos and Regional Shows.
- Be a coach and mentor for the Produce Sales Specialists. Lead training and provide resources to maximize sales performance. Demonstrate ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers, sales representatives, buyers, grower shippers and managers.
- Direct system scheduling and SOP’s. Ensure the team is effectively and accurately communicating to sales representatives and procurement. Manage the P&L and drive growth.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Self-motivated, high energy, goal orientated individual with a passion for the produce category.
- Be a dynamic communicator.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of related experience or equivalent experience; Culinary experience is a plus.
- Specific produce knowledge; must include growing regions, seasonality, food safety and specialty produce, and the dynamics of each region.
- Experience with purchasing, produce quality control and marketing strongly desired.
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which are subject to evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must be willing to travel.
Please contact Jennifer Mazza, Jennifer@producecareers.com
808 total views, 2 today