D.J. Stornetta Office 805-481-3200 Fax 805-481-3545 Produce Careers Inc. 122 Le Point Street Suite 202 Arroyo Grande, CA 93420
Scroll down to see our active searches. Or refine the list using the keyword search bar. If you’d like to speak with our Executive Recruiters, contact us directly at 805-481-3200 x10.
The Head Grower will be responsible for the daily production of any and all vegetables produced in a three-acre hydroponic greenhouse. The daily duties will consist of setting up seedling beds, planting seeds, transplanting seedlings to grow beds, and harvesting and packaging plants. All operations will be done in accordance with the company HACCP and food safety plans, strict biosecurity measures, and standard operating procedures. Along with the daily duties mentioned above, the Head Grower will be responsible for all record keeping within the greenhouse, including but not limited to, plant and harvest data, water quality data, and water use data.
This section describes the primary /essential responsibilities that this job performs.
Secondary Job Functions
This section describes the secondary responsibilities that this job performs.
|Education:||· Bachelor degree in horticulture, biology or related field or equivalent work experience, Required|
|Experience:||· 5+ years in greenhouse operation|
|Licenses or Certifications||· None required. Preferred to have food safety, GAP, HACCP etc.|
|Knowledge, Skills & Abilities||· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Ability to encourage the building of mutual trust, respect and cooperation among team members.
· Ability to attend onsite and distant training seminars and classes to bring new ideas and Ability to delegate tasks effectively to proper individuals to ensure workload balance and proper job completion.
· Ability to plan and coordinate projects within confines of production, defined budgets, and deadlines.
· Effective time management and organizational skills.
· Work independently as well as in a team environment.
· Analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Maintain confidentiality.
· Handle multiple projects simultaneously within established time constraints.
· Ability to perform under strong demands in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to set priorities and to work with minimal direction and supervision
· Proficient computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office
· Display empathy, understanding, and patience with employees and external customers.
· Respond professionally in situations with difficult employee/vendor/customer issues or inquiries.
· Knowledge of or ability to learn aquaculture practices that will directly affect and relate to the overall production of the entire aquaponics facility.
· Ability to create bio-plans and constantly strive to improve and increase production and minimize waste.
· General knowledge of the maintenance required for such facilities ranging from electrical, plumbing and and heating trades
· Working knowledge of techniques used for the production and culture of fish, leafy greens and fruiting vegetables
· Significant knowledge in water chemistry and strong understanding of equipment used to evaluate various water quality parameters.
Please contact Mark Teague, Mark@producecareers.com
877 total views, 4 today