A growing, expanding importer/distributor/wholesaler has an opportunity for a talented and motivated professional to join their team in Los Angeles as a Human Resources Manager.
The HR Manager is responsible for oversight of all Human Resources programs and functions, and ensures that HR policies and procedures are being adhered to by all employees.
- Maintains and inputs employee personal data into human resources information/computer system/files (ADP – Workforce Now) database including processing various forms related to documenting human resources activities such as new-hire, change-of-status, performance evaluations, benefits, terminations, leave of absence, etc.
- Prepare for payroll processing and ensuring all employment, salary, personnel changes, timecard approvals, etc. are entered timely for each pay period.
- Manages and coordinates with ADP representatives and payroll contact.
- Conducts all ADP system set up for performance, benefits, open enrollment and other activities as required.
- Create or prepare special reports as requested from management or Federal/State reporting requirements
- Manages the online benefit enrollment process for new hires, qualified events, terminations, and annual enrollment
- Conduct annual benefits review with Benefits broker including annual open enrollment process.
- Review and approve insurance invoice and conduct benefit audits
- Manage COBRA process and payments
- Liaison with insurance vendors on discrepancy or insurance issues
- Process 403(b) enrollments, contribution changes and distributions including participation in Committee review.
- Conduct Federal reporting requirements including distribution of notifications
Policy, Procedures, Compliance
- Develops, recommends, and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures
- Manages workers compensation claims including reporting to insurance carrier and maintains files.
- Responsible for yearly insurance renewal process, including filling out forms, collecting information and schedules needed.
- Ensures all employment records meet Federal and State compliance
- Coordinates training and manages the IIPP (Injury Illness Prevention Program) with Facility Director
- Conducts training for compliance requirements, Harassment, HIPPA and other requirements
- Manages New Hire, Termination, and Leave of Absence process
- Handle sensitive employee relations issues, offering constructive suggestions to employees as well as managers.
- Manages the annual performance review process and timeline. This includes conducting any training necessary.
- Oversee development and implementation of compensation process and programs. Prepare and maintain salary structure, job documentation, and job evaluation system.
- Conducts and prepares annual benchmarking
- Coordinates and facilitates training initiatives for employees and leaders, as needed including supporting training consultants as required.
- Develop and implement training and development initiatives to address current capabilities and future training needs, including on-the-job operational training, department specific training, management development, new hire orientation and on-boarding
- Prepare and place internal and external advertisements for recruitment on our internal systems and on job boards
- Receive resume submissions from recruiters or candidates, pre-screen including distributing to the appropriate hiring manager, scheduling either phone or on-site interviews
- Conduct background and reference checks
- Maintain candidate tracking in system and ensure all position files are complete (Job Req., description, evaluation forms, etc.) for EEO/DOL audit requirements.
- Lead the Events committee to organize company events such as Annual company picnic, Christmas Party, etc
- Assist in organizing any executive meetings including scheduling, ordering lunches, etc.
- Assist with audits as needed
- Other ad hoc projects as required by management
General – Conducts research, manages projects and timelines, participates as a hands-on contributor on teams toward the successful completion of various HR Initiatives
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent and minimum 5 – 7 years’ experience in human resources with proven operational and tactical success as a HR Operations Manager
- Demonstrated ability to execute and audit all HR programs and ensure meeting all HR related statutory fed and state requirements.
- Broad knowledge and experience of all related HR functions with significant experience involving employee relations, compensation, and federal/state laws.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, at all levels within and outside the organization.
- Sound judgment, initiative, tenacity, and the flexibility to operate independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Extensive experience in HR Systems especially ADP Workforce Now including other web-based systems for self-service access
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills; ability to analyze data
- Knowledge of federal and state employment law
- Knowledge of leave of absence process, procedure, and documentation
- Knowledge of worker’s comp process and procedure
- Able to project plan and scope
- Able to support multiple concurrent projects and meet deadlines; be solutions-orientation when problem solving and able to demonstrate a sense of urgency
- Able to multi-task and prioritize with efficiency
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality
- Able to maintain confidentiality when necessary
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Punctual, proactive, and able to take initiative; motivated self-starter
- Must be customer service driven
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Able to work independently and as a team, with and without supervision
- PHR/SPHR/GPHR and/or SHRM-CP/SHRM SCP Certification Credentials preferred.
- Requires the ability to positively influence others in sensitive situations and represent the culture.
- A self-starter, but is also highly effective in team environments including experience in a startup environment.
Please contact Jennifer Mazza, Jennifer@producecareers.com
307 total views, 4 today