D.J. Stornetta Office 805-481-3200 Fax 805-481-3545 Produce Careers Inc. 122 Le Point Street Suite 202 Arroyo Grande, CA 93420
Scroll down to see our active searches. Or refine the list using the keyword search bar. If you’d like to speak with our Executive Recruiters, contact us directly at 805-481-3200 x10.
A well-established grower/processor is seeking an HR Manager to join their team and oversee all aspects of HR. This position will handle employee relations, ensure compliance with employment laws, employee training, and administration of corporate and plant specific policies relating to all phases of human resources activity. Position based in the Western Idaho area.
***MUST BE FLUENT IN SPANISH TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION***
Management of the human resource functions, including but not limited to the following duties:
• Manage the recruitment process for all hiring in consultation with hiring managers. Provide on boarding and orientations as required. Succession planning as needed.
• Devise retention strategies for all employees and complete exit interviews.
• Act as key consultant to management on HR issues by identifying problem areas, proposing solutions to correct issues and executing solutions in a timely manner.
• Address employee grievances and concerns.
• Ensure adherence to all governmental and regulatory requirements.
• Update job descriptions for all positions.
• Create, revise and develop policies and procedures as necessary.
• Manage and administer attendance program.
• Work closely with payroll & benefits to ensure compliance.
• Enforce company policies and procedures and assist managers and supervisors with corrective action.
• Work with supervisors and management to maintain employee schedules.
• Manage certification process of forklift drivers; coordinate training with the safety and production departments.
• Provide professional development and best practices training for leads, supervisors, and other members of management.
• Conduct monthly GMP and policy meetings for all employees.
• Must be able to spend adequate time in the manufacturing plant to gain an understanding of process and production needs.
The preferred candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
• Bachelors degree in Human Resources or related field.
• Generalist background, previous HR management experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
• Current knowledge of HR and business related laws.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish)- REQUIRED
• Strong employee relations experience.
• Ability to manage and administer a broad range of tasks including resolving complaints, counseling managers and employees on the interpretation of policies, and procedures.
• Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills. Ability to partner with supervisors and managers and to objectively coach employees and management.
• Previous experience staffing for both salaried and hourly associates.
• MS Office skills
• PHR/SPHR preferred
Salary DOE, full benefits, EEOC, relocation assistance available.
For more information, contact Tami Lister, firstname.lastname@example.org
258 total views, 2 today