Position Summary Oversee and manage the human resources department; includes the administrative operations of payroll and benefits. Ensure that HR functions as a strategic business partner in support of the company’s overall business objectives and that the administrative support staff performs their responsibilities as outlined.
- Develop human resource departmental strategic planning to enhance profitability, productivity and efficiency in support of the company’s overall strategic model.
- Ensure proper administration of benefits including health and welfare, 401K, stock option plans, life insurance and COBRA. Analyze benefit programs to ensure optimum effectiveness and make recommendations for enhancements as necessary.
- Oversee the payroll department and make recommendations for enhancements as necessary. Partner with management to ensure an effective compensation structure, which rewards target results and achieves performance expectations.
- Partner with management in the development of recognition and reward programs that encourages a high performance culture.
- Partner with management in conducting training needs assessments, determining opportunities for training and development, establishing optimum delivery methodologies and conduct evaluations to ensure successful transfer of training content.
- Partner with management to identify and develop talent; ensure that each employee has an opportunity for career development and understands his/her growth opportunities through ensuring that management has a strong game plan in place.
- Oversee new employee orientation (NEO) process.
- Oversee recruitment and selection process company-wide; provide coaching to hiring managers as required ensuring legal compliance and adherence to company branding requirements.
- Provide leadership and guidance in assisting managers with terminations, layoffs, LOA’s, and retirements.
- Drive the performance review process to ensure consistency, fairness and timeliness; coach management to provide valuable, timely and consistent reviews that align and support the company’s long-term strategic goals and objectives.
- Proactively maintain a positive work environment that supports an open door policy; provide support and counsel to management regarding all employee relation issues from coaching to corrective action and facilitate resolutions that are fair and consistent.
- Develop and interpret company policies, procedures and guidelines to ensure compliance with government laws and regulations; provide appropriate training to management regarding relevant Federal, State and Local employment laws.
- Manage effective communication structures to ensure that employees remain informed of relevant organizational initiatives and projects.
- Manage the administration team including selection, training, supervision and performance management of direct reports.
- Oversee the Employee Handbook maintenance and make revisions as necessary.
- Oversee maintenance of and development of procedures for onsite physical personnel records as well as an electronic Human Capital Management database (with support from I.T.)
- Assist with development and testing of technology/software upgrades or additions to promote department and company strategic goals.
- Present an executive presence as a senior management representative of the company.
- Conduct ongoing organizational needs assessments to ensure that HR functions as a strategic business partner; gather employee feedback and conduct assessments as necessary to promote company goals and effective change management.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned
Education and/or Experience:
Education: Possession of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Human Resources, Business or related field. Supplementary training and/or designations (M.A., PHR, SPHR) related to the human resource field, or equivalent education and experience, is preferred.
Experience: At least 5-7 years progressively responsible human resources experience in a generalist capacity as well as 5-7 years prior managerial experience.
- Demonstrated organizational change leadership around process improvement and program management.
- Must have strong organizational skills and be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines consistently.
- Ability to perform efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to see the “big picture” business perspective, but is willing to “roll up their sleeves” and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Must be able to successfully interact with all levels of employees—peers, subordinates and senior management.
- Demonstrated problem solving, facilitating, team building and negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to handle matters of confidentiality with utmost tact and diplomacy.
- Experience motivating, mentoring, coaching, training and managing a staff; builds support and engagement.
- Ability to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize performance.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with other co-workers and/or departments within the organization.
- Ability to employ creative and innovative thought processes.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- Some travel required between company work sites: Corcoran, Bakersfield, Buttonwillow, and Pasadena. Driver’s license required.
- Ability to perform analysis and communicate results effectively.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Work performed is in a typical office environment that requires normal safety precautions.
Please contact Tara Schwartz, firstname.lastname@example.org
495 total views, 2 today