Top Companies Are Seeking Top Talent.
Scroll down to see our active searches. Or refine the list using the keyword search bar. If you’d like to speak with our Executive Recruiters, contact us directly at 805-481-3200 x10.
- An industry leading produce organization seeks an Import Produce Sales Account Executive.
- This position will sell top-quality fruit commodities on an F.O.B. and delivered basis.
- A strong import sales background with account management and business development to retail chain store accounts strongly desired.
- This opportunity is with a company known for decades as an industry leader in the Import sector.
- This organization is one of the largest importers (by volume) in the country.
- Position based in the Northeast, including the New Jersey ports area.
- Account management with retail grocery chain store customers, such as national chains, regional chains, independents, and wholesalers/service wholesalers who supply retail accounts.
- Business development for new accounts, including prospecting and sourcing new customer leads
- Maintaining consistent communication with all customers to manage market conditions, pricing, and quality components.
- Working with the sales team and sales management on pricing and inventory to meet daily and seasonal sales expectations.
- Working closely with Inspection / Quality Assurance / Quality Control personnel, cold storage & facilities personnel, logistics and shipping.
- Travel to visit customers, periodic visits to trade shows and possibly to production areas to promote the company and improve job performance.
- Multi-task and conduct business in a fast-paced environment where teamwork is emphasized.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Knowledge of retail grocery chains, big-box / mass market stores, and / or wholesale grocers.
- An understanding of retail programming, planning retail ads, seasonal contracts, and / or promotions is desired.
- Solid produce background, also knowledge of international fruit growing regions, quality characteristics and issues, product shelf life, shipping & handling characteristics and pack styles.
- Strong fruit commodity knowledge desired, for example: grapes, stone fruit, citrus, avocados.
- Additional experience with imported produce from multiple international growing regions (such as South America, Mexico, North/South Africa) would be beneficial.
- College degree (B.A., B.S.) in related fields of study or equivalent preferred.
- Bilingual (English-Spanish) is helpful.
Please contact Rich Lentz, firstname.lastname@example.org
1697 total views, 1 today