A leading fruit importer has a terrific opportunity for an experienced import sales pro. The company handles many commodities, services large national and regional retail chains, and is continuing to grow their product line. Seeking sales experts with grape, stone fruit, cherry, and / or citrus commodity experience, retail grocery chain customers, ability to handle volume, and who can work well with the team and greater organization. Position based in New Jersey, but may potentially be based in California.
Position Responsibilities Include
- Retaining your current customers, maintaining company accounts, increasing sales.
- Business development for new accounts, including prospecting and sourcing new customer leads and keeping current with changes in the Produce Industry in order to best capitalize on new opportunities.
- Negotiating and writing F.O.B. orders, delivered sales, ads.
- Maintaining consistent communication with sales management, growers/suppliers, and customers on pricing, inventory and supply, product quality, forecasts, market conditions, margins and profitability to meet goals.
- Periodic visits to trade shows and customers.
Desired Attributes and Experience Include
- Previous successful sales experience selling grapes and other import commodities, season long programs, bid prices desired.
- Strong experience/relationships working with North American retail customers.
- Strong knowledge and understanding import cycles, import supply chain, operations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Skills and experience in analysis, innovated problem solving, reasoned decision making, leadership, team building and strong price negotiation.
- A highly motivated self-starter and a “closer” who is able to work under pressure but willing not to compromise on quality.
Additional Requirements Include
- Able to use Microsoft Office, internet-based sales and purchasing programs.
- College degree (B.A., B.S.) in related fields of study or equivalent preferred.
- Commodity / Category Management experience can also be helpful.
Please contact Rich Lentz, firstname.lastname@example.org
82 total views, 4 today