A well-established food manufacturer is searching for an Ingredient Buyer to join their team. The Ingredient Buyer is responsible for purchasing and managing food ingredients, packaging, raw materials, and other supplies to support business requirements. This role will play an integral position in strategy, supplier development, business relationships, cost, negotiations, and continuity of supply at the highest quality. The Buyer will increase company profitability and customer satisfaction by purchasing materials in a timely manner and at optimal cost. The Senior Buyer will coordinate vendor activity and negotiations, analyze vendor pricing and market conditions to determine the correct timing of purchases. The Senior Buyer works closely with multiple levels within the production plants, internal customers and suppliers. The Senior Buyer is well versed in manufacturing, food ingredients and packaging.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage daily purchase decisions and order fulfillment with a daily goal to achieve a 100% fill rate
- Product replenishment
- Maintain adequate inventory on all products purchased avoiding stock out and overstock inventories.
- Negotiate pricing, transportation and payment terms with vendors.
- Provide ordering and troubleshooting of orders. To include shipment reconciliations, back orders, damaged goods and invoice discrepancies.
- Using ERP application compile data and reporting
- Maintain and uphold raw material product specifications
- Responsible for reducing safety stock inventory
- Responsible for lowering cost for incoming products
- Reduce waste
- Enforce all loads arrive with either a letter of guarantee and/or COA
- Provides material requirements and forecast to suppliers and co-manufactures. Ensure all suppliers have consistent forecast visibility and adequate capacity.
- Publishes commodity market reports
- Responsible for supplier performance management and improvement efforts, including leading regular supplier business reviews.
- Establish and maintain positive relationship with suppliers and internal stakeholders in support of departmental and company oriented goals and objectives.
- Act as primary liaison between cross-functional partners, plants, and suppliers to ensure supply plan requirements are being met and resolve supply, quality and cost issues.
- Support continuous improvement projects as it relates to material and supplier qualifications.
- Monitors the maintenance of records regarding pricing, ordering of materials, supplier qualification and certification documents.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent fresh food manufacturing experience.
- Previous experience in food manufacturing is a plus.
- Certified Purchasing Professional
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with ingredient purchasing.
- Previous experience in purchasing perishable goods and packaging
- Knowledge with MS Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Self-motivation and initiative to follow through on daily assignments
- Must maintain the highest level of customer service at all times.
- Ability to adapt in a cross-functional team environment
- Excellent communication skills and detail oriented
- Strong negotiating skills
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates
Salary: DOE, Medical Benefits, 401K, relocation assistance.
Please contact Jennifer Mazza, Jennifer@producecareers.com
150 total views, 2 today