Job # 31367 – Washington
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for managing maintenance functions and providing maintenance support for the plant. Position trains employees, develops and maintains preventative maintenance program, initiate and run capital projects, trains and develops safety-related programs, and mentors supervisors and mechanics, with the purpose of ensuring departmental and operational safety and regulatory compliance.
This position reports to the Manufacturing Manager or Plant Manager and may manage maintenance supervisor, purchasing supervisor, mechanics, electricians, parts attendant, or sprayfield operator. The position may work closely with all plant staff, engineering, human resources, wastewater operator, quality, contractors, vendors, regulators, auditors, and customers.
(The essential functions listed below are not intended to reflect all duties that may be assigned to this position. The company may augment duties, including essential functions, at its discretion.)
- Provide maintenance support for operational, process equipment, buildings and grounds, and all infrastructures. Review required work orders. Establish, assign, and deliver prioritized work lists and enter and close out work orders in the system.
- Provide leadership and supervision of maintenance supervisor, purchasing supervisor, mechanics, electricians, parts attendant, or sprayfield operator. Manage goals and objectives for staff. Provide formal and informal feedback through coaching, monitoring and evaluating job results.
- Ensure compliance with departmental and operational safety and regulatory requirements. Coordinate and work on activities related to SQF, Safety, and Energy committee responsibilities.
- Coordinate, develop, maintain, and deliver preventative and predictive maintenance routes for all plant equipment, infrastructure, and grounds.
- Prepare budgets and manage spending and labor to meet budget.
- Develop, deliver, and maintain operational procedures for all new equipment and process improvements. Develop projects for capital improvements and R&M and oversee installation of new equipment and processes.
- Prepare and apply safety training, employee evaluations and training including SKPP and PMS programs. Establish and maintain procedures and protocols to meet regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate with outside suppliers and vendors to purchase and maintain equipment parts and supplies stocks and refurbish used equipment. Meet with vendors and review new systems, processes, and equipment.
- Have regular attendance and work appropriate number of hours to get the essential functions completed.
- Perform under the Working Conditions described below.
(Incumbents may not perform all the following functions listed below):
- Lead and provide support for plant waste reduction and recycling efforts.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR ENTRY:
- Principles and practices of food manufacturing, including: food safety, quality, manufacturing concepts.
- Principles and practices of managing capital projects.
- Principles and practices of maintenance, electrical, electronics, PLC, fabrication, and welding.
- Principles and practices of refrigeration and steam production.
- Knowledge of financial forecasting, budgeting, and accounting.
- Working knowledge of FDA and OSHA regulations, GMPs, Sanitation, and HACCP.
- Understanding of associated processing equipment and engineering.
- Principles and practices of continuous improvement concepts and related application technique.
- Pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, codes, and regulations.
- Effectively manage and lead multiple projects with multidisciplinary teams toward a shared goal.
- Gain cooperation through discussion and persuasion.
- Identify, research, and analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, and project consequences of proposed actions.
- Effectively organize, plan, and execute.
- Use computers and computer software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Meet behaviors established in the Company’s performance management and development process.
EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATION/LICENSES, AND TRAINING:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Operations, Engineering, Manufacturing, or related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of maintenance supervisor and/or maintenance manager experience, or 5-7 years of experience as a mechanical/maintenance worker.
- HACCP Certification, SQF Certification, Food Safety Programs training, and/or sanitary equipment design training are preferred.
- Electrical license is preferred for some plants.
- Constantly works in a manufacturing/plant environment, frequently has exposures to an office, lab, or outdoors environment
- Constantly deals with highly confidential information
- Constantly works under tight time constraints or with business activities of a seasonal/cyclical nature
- May frequently travel, including overnight stays, to other worksites, for off-site meetings, and for training purposes
- Constantly works with dissatisfied or angry customers
- May frequently work from home
- Physical requirements of the job:
- Occasionally lifts up to 100 pounds
- Vision requirements: Constantly uses far vision, near vision, depth perception, and/or color vision
- May constantly talks, walks, listens/uses hearing, and/or sits
- May frequently stands, uses repetitive hand motions, and/or drives
- May occasionally climbs, lifts, crouches, pulls, kneels, types, reaches, pushes, stoops, grasps, and/or crawls
- Types of exposures encountered on the job: Constantly has exposures to loud machine/equipment noise, frequently has exposures to toxic or caustic chemicals, odors or fumes, extreme heat/cold temperatures, and/or electrical current
Persons with disabilities may be able to perform the essential duties of this job with reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation will be evaluated on an individual basis and depends, in part, on the specific requirements for the job, the limitations related to disability and the ability of the department/division to accommodate the limitation.
Please contact Mark Teague, Mark@producecareers.com
319 total views, 5 today