PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Manufacturing Manager is responsible for overseeing all plant/process manufacturing operations, which includes: safety, quality, maintenance, processing, packaging, sanitation, and/or wastewater. Position coordinates plant systems, processes, and resources to optimize productivity and maximizes plant efficiencies and related plant financials. Position may direct finished goods warehouse.
This position reports to the Plant Manager and manages plant staff, including salaried and non-exempt positions. The position may work closely with all plant staff, engineering, finance and accounting, product development, packaging and process, sales and marketing, supply chain/planning/transportation, procurement, regulatory agencies, third party vendors and contractors, and customers.
(The essential functions listed below are not intended to reflect all duties that may be assigned to this position. It is the responsibility of every employee to report food safety and food quality problems or risks to personnel with the authority to initiate action against these said possible risks. The Organization chart indicated key personnel with the authority to take action. The Company may augment duties, including essential functions, at its discretion.)
- Develop and implement plant/process manufacturing strategies. Manage and review Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and make changes as needed. Optimize operations schedule to meet customers’ and planning’s needs. Develop and implement new methods, systems, and procedures to improve processes and reduce costs.
- Work closely with the Plant Manager and Management team to develop and execute budget and strategic plans for all areas. Oversee budget and provide input into forecasting requirements for any and all budgetary needs, including capital improvement projects and strategic plans. Manage material usage and production rates to maximize yield and minimize waste.
- Coordinate all plant resources towards optimum safety, quality, and efficiency improvements in all manufacturing processes. Ensure manufacturing plant remains compliant with all governmental regulations, corporate policies, and customer expectations.
- Develop and direct action plans for emerging production situations.
- Provide leadership and supervision of plant employees. Manage goals and objectives for staff, and ensure managers supervise employee goals within the plant. Provide formal and informal feedback through coaching, monitoring and evaluating job results. Develop and deliver direct report mentoring program to ensure leadership “growth” and a sustainable leadership succession plan.
- Participate in routine meetings, which may include production meetings, safety, training and development, etc.
- Work with operations, engineering, maintenance, vendors, contractors, and consultants to improve, design, test, and implement system efficiencies, reduce losses and design new product/process tests to improve operations.
- Have regular attendance and work appropriate number of hours to get the essential functions completed.
- Perform under the Working Conditions described below.
(Incumbents may not perform all the following functions listed below):
- Supervises the supplies coming into the plant and finished goods to the warehouse.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR ENTRY:
- Principles and practices of food manufacturing, including: food safety, quality, manufacturing concepts
- Working knowledge of FDA and OSHA regulations, GMPs, Sanitation, and HACCP.
- Understanding of associated processing equipment and engineering.
- Principles and practices of financial and manufacturing accounting.
- Principles and practices of financial forecasting and budgeting.
- Principles and practices of inventory planning, production scheduling, production metrics, and production system variables, balancing, and optimizing.
- Principles and practices of complex program and project development and administration.
- Principles and practices of Lean Manufacturing/continuous improvement concepts and related application technique.
- Principles and practices of strategic planning and execution.
- Pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, codes, and regulations.
- Effectively manage and lead multiple projects with multidisciplinary teams toward a shared goal.
- Think strategically in order to drive organization-wide sales results.
- Gain cooperation through discussion and persuasion.
- Identify, research, and analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, and project consequences of proposed actions.
- Effectively organize, plan, and execute.
Please contact Mark Teague, Mark@producecareers.com
55 total views, 11 today