A unique opportunity to sell a more efficient, safer, and reusable packaging solution to the world’s biggest brands.
The National Accounts Manager leads the Company’s efforts to create reusable packaging conversions and expand relationships with large Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) accounts. Focusing on three to five customers, the National Accounts Manager is responsible for penetrating large food and beverage customers, leading packaging projects, and achieving sales growth.
The National Accounts Manager focuses on the key decision makers at account offices, while coordinating and trialing with local stakeholders at operational locations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Wins new reusable packaging opportunities with large CPG companies.
- Hunts and penetrates large CPG companies at all levels to generate and advance packaging conversion projects. Develops and nurtures strong customer contacts and positive, productive, and professional relationships with multiple levels of customer management.
- Translates and quantifies the value proposition – applies the Company’s solutions to tangible and compelling customer needs. Aligns product positioning with both the customers’ corporate strategy and quantifiable improvements within their supply chain.
- Deep understanding of the value products create for specific customers and how to sell/price based on that value.
- Develops and champions specific account strategies to win new business and accelerate adoption cycles.
- Creates customer-specific action plans with key accountabilities and timing to drive customer trial and adoption.
- Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates customer needs and competitive threats on an ongoing basis. Understands the customer’s needs and purchasing behavior better than anyone else within the Company.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND PERFORMANCE MEASURES
- Achieves sales objectives in designated CPG accounts while meeting or exceeding expectations for profitability
- Forecast Accuracy
- Achieves strategic customer objectives defined by company management
- Completes strategic customer account plans that meet company standards. Gains alignment on strategic account plans from company leadership.
- Demonstrates and models strong selling skills, leadership capabilities, customer intimacy, and business acumen to others across the Company
- Reports to the VP, Business Unit Manager
- Works with Applications Engineering, Marketing, and Customer Service to achieve objectives.
- Enlists the support of marketers, customer service, implementation resources, service resources, and other sales and management resources as needed
- Closely coordinates company executive involvement with customer management
QUALIFICATIONS & DESIRED EXPERIENCES
- Four year college degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years of strategic sales experience in a business-to business sales environment.
- Hunter mentality
- Selling experience to large Food & Beverage customers (i.e. Kellogg’s, Unilever, PepsiCo, General Mills, ConAgra), demonstrated proficiency penetrating and selling beyond the customer’s Purchasing Department.
- Experience in Challenger Selling and/or Solution Selling, Miller Heiman Strategic and/or Conceptual Selling
- PC proficiency, including Excel and PowerPoint . Experience managing sales process with CRM programs.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- ~50% travel
- All prospective employees must pass a background check
Please contact Mark Teague, Mark@producecareers.com
1154 total views, 7 today