D.J. Stornetta Office 805-481-3200 Fax 805-481-3545 Produce Careers Inc. 122 Le Point Street Suite 202 Arroyo Grande, CA 93420
Scroll down to see our active searches. Or refine the list using the keyword search bar. If you’d like to speak with our Executive Recruiters, contact us directly at 805-481-3200 x10.
A well-established agriculture company based outside the St. Paul, MN area, is seeking an Orchard Manager to join and function as part of the management team and be responsible for all aspects of 300 acres of tree fruit. Conventional, sustainable production methods are utilized.
* Communicate with General Manager on a daily basis in order to prepare and plan tasks. * Establish short term and long-term priorities with the
* Give GM a thorough reporting of daily activities being sure to report both positive and negative details.
* Be sure to promote all policies and procedures established and outlined by the GM.
* Plan, implement, and complete daily and long term farm production tasks.
* Utilize all production staff members to accomplish goals. Accomplish
tasks through delegation to staff members.
* Establish performance and productivity standards for each task delegated to a staff member.
* Evaluate, review, and give feedback for each task assigned to a staff member.
* Insure that staff members are meeting performance and productivity
standards. If not, provide input, correction, training, and innovation to assist them in meeting goals.
* Establish monitoring systems for delegated tasks to insure completeness of task.
* Responsible for all tree fruit production on the farm.
* Responsible for planning-selecting planting schedules, varieties, and quantities.
* Planting-insuring that all plantings are completed on time.
* Pest I.D., control, applications, and records.
***COMPETITIVE SALARY (DOE) BONUS, PROFIT SHARE, COMPANY TRUCK, ETC.***
B.S. Degree- preferred
Min. four years of practical experience in a related position-
Must be a proactive manager-
Possess good human resource/people skills-
Must be able to function in a management team environment-
Willing and motivated to take charge and responsibility for the farm production team.
Bilingual: English/Spanish- preferred
Please contact Tami Lister, TLister@producecareers.com
194 total views, 2 today