PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Plant Accountant is responsible for determining the plant standard costs for all products produced at assigned plants and reviewing those costs to actual performance throughout the fiscal year. Position works with corporate finance in the preparation of detailed budgets and forecasts, as well as identifying causes of major changes from prior forecasts. In addition, position may provide direction to clerks and staff regarding inventory, payroll, and supply transactions in regards to financial impact.
This position reports to the Plant Manager. Some positions may supervise an Inventory Specialist, clerical staff, and/or production positions. The positions work closely with corporate accounting and finance and plant staff.
(The essential functions listed below are not intended to reflect all duties that may be assigned to this position. It is the responsibility of every employee to report food safety and food quality problems or risks to personnel with the authority to initiate action against these said possible risks. The Organization chart indicated key personnel with the authority to take action. The company may augment duties, including essential functions, at its discretion.)
- Research, analyze and communicate actual versus standard cost variances. Prepare weekly plant financial performance summary, including performance areas of yield, throughputs, labor, utilities, and supply/parts spending. Adjust standards yearly to maximize margins to operating costs.
- Plan, develop and monitor plant operating costs for plant. Provide insight on plant spending related to plant budget. Ensure accurate bill of materials/formula for all manufacturing product.
- Perform month end closing duties, such as: accruals, account reconciliations, and verifying accurate posting of costing records to GL. Prepare monthly financial statements for the plant.
- Analyze financial transactions related to inventory and goods movement. Evaluate inventory transactions/balances, assist in identifying slow moving/obsolete inventory, and assist in maintaining cycle count processes and physical inventory.
- Develop plant standard costs annually. Track total plant production data and impact on budget and standards. Review and provide detail calculations of these adjustments and develop plant costs for balance of fiscal year.
- Have regular attendance and work appropriate number of hours to get the essential functions completed.
- Perform under the Working Conditions described below.
(Incumbents may not perform all the following functions listed below):
- Develop and maintain costing model for use by Sales to set pricing for customers.
- Prepare cost savings estimates for capitals, Cost Containment Program (CCPs) and new projects. Provide detail calculations to assure savings are more accurate and measure these savings in the new year’s budget.
- Provide leadership and supervision of the Inventory Specialist, clerical staff, and/or production positions. Manage goals and objectives for staff. Provide formal and informal feedback through coaching, monitoring and evaluating job results.
- Provide back-up assistance for the front desk at the plant.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR ENTRY:
- Principles and practices of financial and manufacturing accounting.
- Strong knowledge of inventory accounting.
- Principles and practices of financial forecasting and budgeting.
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of GAAP requirements.
- Pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, codes, and regulations.
- Maintain confidential and sensitive information.
- Analyze actual performance versus budget.
- Gain cooperation through discussion and persuasion.
- Identify, research, and analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, and project consequences of proposed actions.
- Gather, evaluate, and interpret information.
- Effectively organize, plan, and execute.
- Use computers and computer software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Meet behaviors established in the Company’s performance management and development process.
EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATION/LICENSES, AND TRAINING:
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance is highly preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in finance, cost accounting or operations/plant financials.
- Knowledge and experience working with ERP database system is a plus.
- Constantly works in an office environment, frequently has exposures to a manufacturing/plant environment, and may occasionally have exposures to an outdoor environment
- Constantly deals with highly confidential information
- Constantly works under tight time constraints or with business activities of a seasonal/cyclical nature
- Occasionally travels, including overnight stays, to other worksites, for off-site meetings, and for training purposes
- May occasionally work from home
- Physical requirements of the job:
- Constantly lifts up to 10 pounds and may occasionally lift up to 20 pounds
- Vision requirements: Constantly uses near vision and frequently uses far vision
- Constantly talks, types, uses repetitive hand motions, and/or sits
- Frequently stands, walks, and/or listens/uses hearing
- Occasionally lifts, kneels, pushes, and/or stoops
- Types of exposures encountered: May occasionally have exposures to toxic or caustic chemicals, odors or fumes, extreme heat/cold temperatures, or loud machine/equipment noise
Persons with disabilities may be able to perform the essential duties of this job with reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation will be evaluated on an individual basis and depends, in part, on the specific requirements for the job, the limitations related to disability and the ability of the department/division to accommodate the limitation.
Please contact Mark Teague, Mark@producecareers.com
154 total views, 5 today