D.J. Stornetta Office 805-481-3200 Fax 805-481-3545 Produce Careers Inc. 122 Le Point Street Suite 202 Arroyo Grande, CA 93420
Scroll down to see our active searches. Or refine the list using the keyword search bar. If you’d like to speak with our Executive Recruiters, contact us directly at 805-481-3200 x10.
A well-established fresh cut processor in Texas is looking for a Plant Manager to join their team. This position reports directly to the VP of Operations. The incumbent in this role is responsible for managing a staff of department heads to include Food Safety/QA Manager, Production Manager, Transportation Manager, Maintenance Manager, Cold Storage and Shipping Manager. This position requires a result oriented, innovative fresh-cut plant leader with track record of implementing and managing processes that improve quality and efficiency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Direct all activities for production lines in accordance with plan and line goals, product standards, costs, budgets, and established procedures
• Coordinate with the Food Safety and Quality Assurance leadership to ensure compliance with food safety and product quality standards
• Overall responsibility for the food processing and packaging facility.
• Foster a team environment with a continuous improvement culture
• Mentor and develop all direct reports to create the future leaders for the company
• Works with the VP of Operations and other senior leadership on strategic planning
• Accountable for financial performance of the plant against planned budget
• Manage and oversee all aspects of plant operations
• Monitor key drivers established for each functional area
• Works with the VP of Operations and other senior leadership on strategic planning.
• Work with senior leadership on staffing issues and needs
• Direct the activities of subordinates to assure personnel safety, food safety, quality, production, and cost standards are met
• Develop manufacturing standards and budgets by evaluating historical data and proposed activities in order to provide management with an accurate assessment and projection of manufacturing costs
• Review cost data, production schedules and capital spending plans to assure compliance with production goals
• Knowledgeable of costs of goods, including costs associated with raw materials, labor, and overhead
• Consult with Customer Service and Logistics for the proper planning of production volumes, shipping and receiving on a daily basis
Skills and Qualifications:
• 4-year college degree in Agriculture/Agribusiness, Engineering, or Business Administration/management
• Minimum 15 years of overall food industry experience including 7 years of senior management experience in fresh-cut produce
• Strong working knowledge of food safety guidelines such as HACCP, GMP, and SSOP
• Strong understanding of fresh produce and fresh-cut produce industry
• Comprehensive knowledge of fresh-cut retail product manufacturing
• Good Knowledge of operational finance and accounting
• Excellent analytical, presentation and communication skills
• Bi-Lingual (Spanish/English) preferred
• Able to work independently as a self-starter
• Able to communicate effectively to management and cross functional areas
• Good interpersonal skills; able to get along with other employees
• Excellent technical writing skills
• Must be willing to maintain a flexible work schedule, including nights and/or weekends
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel
• Solid understanding of sanitation and pest control plans and systems
• Strong organizational/communication/presentation skills
Salary: DOE, Medical Benefits, relocation assistance.
For more information, or send a resume, contact Jennifer Mazza at firstname.lastname@example.org
103 total views, 2 today