A well established and reputable Fresh Produce Distributor is seeking to add a Produce Account Manager to their team in the Midwest. This position will be responsible for supporting, growing, and developing our client’s customer base in the fresh produce logistics industry. The primary function of this role is to manage and build long term customer relationships, identify new business opportunities, and provide full like-cycle logistics sales & account management for fresh produce commodities. This includes operational support from freight order entry and shipments, to delivery issue resolution and track and trace support.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Serve assigned customer accounts and expand transportation services by providing great service and finding ways to solve customer shipping needs.
- Cold-call to form new customer relationships and increase sales revenue within the fresh produce supply chain (retail, wholesale, & food service industries)
- Coordinate, track and schedule shipment needs to promote customer satisfaction.
- Provide excellent customer service while creatively finding new and better solutions to their needs and drive down costs.
- Monitor customer orders and loads to identify, communicate and resolve any shipping problems.
- Ensure accurate data capture, data integrity and system entry in all customer related functions using internal databases.
- Support Accounts Receivable in collections of past due invoices for your customer accounts.
- Utilize TMS and load boards, such as DAT and Internet Truckstop, to acquire and assign carriers.
- Handle a high volume of inbound and outbound phone calls, ensuring pickups and deliveries are on schedule.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in sales (commissions based preferred).
- Experience with fresh produce/ perishables transportation requirements.
- Dedication to excellent customer service and outstanding communication skills.
- Knowledge of 3PL, supply chain and freight transportation industry (FTL & LTL).
- Use internal and market data to identify potential sources of new business.
- Deescalate and resolve customer service issues.
- Proficient in Microsoft office.
- Familiarity with load consolidation, load boards (such as DAT and Internet Truckstop)
Compensation: DOE, Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Relocation assistance
Please contact Brandi Boehme, Bboehme@producecareers.com
2058 total views, 5 today