A well-established food manufacturer is searching for a Project Manager to join their team. The position will be responsible for leading cross-functional teams in the New Product Development (NPD) effort to bring new and innovative products from concept to commercialization. This role will apply Project Management best practice knowledge, tools, methodologies and techniques to meet or surpass the needs and expectations of all stakeholders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and lead a multidisciplinary team, potentially in geographically distributed locations, in the development of new and innovative products.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members to create and execute Project Plans in accordance with established New Product Development polices and processes.
- Assign tasks, responsibilities, and accountability to team members to achieve Project and Product goals.
- Monitor Project status and commitments and ensure appropriate Change Management techniques are utilized to assess and address identified project related variances and risks.
- Oversee multiple, simultaneous projects of varying scope and complexity.
- Support & facilitate Stage Gate Reviews and routinely interact with Senior Management and other stakeholders to communicate project status.
- Continuously improve the project management function through implementation of best practice knowledge, tools, methodologies and techniques.
Skills and Qualifications:
- BS/BA degree in a science / technical discipline or related field required; Equivalent combination of education, training and hands-on experience may be considered. Project Management Certification (PMP) preferred.
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience managing product development projects.
- Demonstrated Project Management skills including project scheduling, resource allocation and management, risk management, and partner/contract management.
- Proven ability to lead, influence, and motivate cross-functional teams to achieve challenging goals.
- Ability to produce and present clear and actionable project communications through both verbal presentations and written documents.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to promote team interaction and execution.
- Strong business acumen, negotiation and delegation skills required.
- Ability to work independently, handle a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to build and foster good relationships.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient with all applications of Microsoft Office (MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and remote meetings tools such as WebEx.
Salary: DOE, Medical Benefits, 401K, relocation assistance.
Please contact Jennifer Mazza, Jennifer@producecareers.com
186 total views, 10 today