Top Companies Are Seeking Top Talent.
Scroll down to see our active searches. Or refine the list using the keyword search bar. If you’d like to speak with our Executive Recruiters, contact us directly at 805-481-3200 x10.
Job #32060 – California
Role and Responsibilities
Production Manager is responsible for helping overseeing all operations
- Manage approx. 100 employees. Departments include harvest, production, carton yard, and truck drivers.
- Full responsibility of management of a large-scale harvest and production operation.
- The position is year-round
- Ability to travel to Mexico for one/two weeks each month starting November through March to visit growers.
- Assist in food safety development and implementation during winter months from November through March.
- Ability to travel one/two times per week starting November through March to help oversee food safety programs.
- Maintain efficiency, speed, and quality of hoeing, planting, tractor, and irrigation crews.
- Conduct routine tailgate/meetings with foremen and crews.
- Communicate daily with sales team, food safety department and harvest.
- Work with the sales and harvest teams to help forecast yield, quality, and field locations.
- Manage all aspects of production including: tractor work (ground prep and cultivation), water scheduling/irrigation, pest control, and fertility.
- Follow and continuously update the transplant schedule to ensure that all planted acres are on time and meet the sales team’s production needs.
- Work closely with our nursery and seed suppliers to meet seed/transplant needs for the growing season.
- Track the cost per acre to ensure each crop is grown within the budgeted amount.
- Purchasing products for production, harvest, and food safety depts.
- Ability to train, develop, coach, and mentor many different people and personalities.
- Possess and demonstrate a sound knowledge of management and ability to offer guidance and instruction to employees.
- The ability to make independent decisions and solve issues in a timely manner.
- Resolve personnel issues, investigate, identifying solutions; and report to HR dept. for further disciplinary action if necessary.
- Must be bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Ability to perform other related duties as required.
- Ability to work weekends and some holidays.
- Must maintain flexible schedule
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Ensure all company policies, food safety and worker safety procedures are being followed
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Written and verbal English/Spanish language skills
- Excellent organizational skills, including establishment of priorities and commitment to deadlines.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years or more of work experience is required
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and outlook is required
Please contact Tara Schwartz, firstname.lastname@example.org
1489 total views, 2 today